What Is Up With Leap And Blink ?

13»

Comments

• RuriRuri Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4709Members
    Add me to the list of ppl who thinks this scripting stance is horrid.
  • muzzolmuzzol Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8514Members
    maybe lag is confusing script detection on servers. I don't know if betatesters were playing with lag but actually is almost impossible playing without it. So I think lag can mess data and confuse server.
    Maybe Flayra or any other developer haven't think about that.
  • kiwakaikiwakai Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3353Members
    unless hud_fastswitch 1 is considered scripting, then the whole thing kinda backfires. I have on several occations switch to a weapon and clicked attack only to die instantly.
  • RawrzRawrz Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8791Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--HavoK+Nov 11 2002, 01:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (HavoK @ Nov 11 2002, 01:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->My Onos always have it happen if I try to use Gore with Charge or Scream.  I've actually screamed, changed weapons, waited for my energy to fill, THEN hit charge and died.  LoL.   I've quit playing Onos.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I hear ya with that, i've had the same problem with onos. Thats just the worst when you save up the 70 resources to go onos, attack a base and your dead as soon as you walk in b/c of that bug, somewhat discouraging but usually by the time aliens have onos it's all over anyway.
  • ViPrViPr Resident naysayer Join Date: 2002-10-17 Member: 1515Members
    this is just really killing my enjoyment of this game. the more skilled a player is the more likely they are to die. i don't feel like playing anymore unless this bug is fixed on top of all the other killing related bugs. i play marine but i don't like the feeling that i may have won just coz of bugs affecting the alien team really badly.
  • RedRaiderRedRaider Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8182Members
    Greetings all,

Could a moderator/playtester/developer make please comment on the issue of dying when quickly switching weapons while -not- using any scripts and -not- having more than one command bound to a single key? I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong. All keys are bound using Half-Life's Controls screen, so afaik all is totally legit with my setup. Is this issue going to be addressed at any point? It seems to me that if this game is intended for eventual competitive play, then a bug like this would definitely need to be fixed. I don't mind losing because I screwed up or because I was outplayed, but if people start losing because of a bug during an important match (god forbid a tournament)..... well... that is a 'bad thing' for NS, no? 'Nuff said.

Kind Regards,

RedRaider
  • merC1merC1 Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7345Members
    Many times i receive the BSOD (black screen of death). I understand why they wouldnt want scripts in the game, and i believe that its a good idea too.

maybe the coding for it should be redone to allow a little more leniency ? i know i can hit those buttons really damn fast ;p Especially after playing 3 years of cs and using cl_fastswitch 1 , i can switch weapons with the best of them ;p
  • ianskiianski Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7707Members
    I've mainly encountered it as skulk going from leap to xenocide.. and with onos going from primal scream to headbutt. While it's frustrating because you have to respawn, save up, evolve, get to the action.. i still find it damn funny. Then again, i've now taken that attitude with all games.. it seems to prevent me getting violent when game bugs screw up my game bigtime.
    So next time you save up and get bug-killed, do a "HAHAHHAHAHHA" once you respawn and go xenocide them just to take out your anger.. other than that, i hope it's fixed.
  • ShadowicsShadowics Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7652Members
    They 'fixed' it in v1.02. Now if NS thinks you used a script instead of BSoD'ing you, the weapons that fired too fast - Xeno or Charge in your example - won't fire, it'll just be ignored.
This discussion has been closed.