Urgent: Discrimination On Australian Servers

Ch33kYCh33kY Join Date: 2004-11-15 Member: 32807Members
<div class="IPBDescription">The NS community need to take a stand</div> On the Australian server aaNet, which I frequent, I was racially abused by an admin for my religous beliefs. In his abuse he authorised and encouraged racsim by other players, luckily many of them well understood the circumstances and stayed out of it.

Furthermore, below is a post of his that encourages the discrimination of 'newbies' or 'devoloping players'. The fact that he is banning other players who frequent that server is just out of order, and something needs to be done before the NS community is torn by action similar to this.

<!--QuoteBegin-"Ch33kY"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> ("Ch33kY")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-"Antecedent"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> ("Antecedent")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hey peeps, this will be a bit of a rant
many of the complaints i get is about 'noobs'
now, i dont think noobs are so bad, my personal hate is ppl who come on the svr and INTENTIONALLY cause trouble, as in ppl who come on to annoy, hassle, etc.
but back to noobs, there is a big difference in the players we get.
1 is the pro players as it were. the pro players who know how to play and are , well, elite. these are the core of our community
2 is just the people who join 'because its there', or ppl who are new to NS

an idea... two servers
one 'pro' one 'pub'.
<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>(this isnt original, where i came from used to do this)</span>

i came up with this because it kinda is starting to get a bit of a problem. on join to the 'pro' server, have a server-rules message that comes up saying 'YOU ARE EXPECTED TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING HERE', or something, and also tell them that if they don't what they are doing, connect to the 'pub' server or visit the forums. both servers will be custom of course, but the pro server will have more 'fun' and 'exploitable' maps. i feel comfortable putting on maps like pillbox where you can chamber spam because i hope the pro players <b>know better</b> than to spam chambers.
uh oh, i went off topic a bit, anyway.
we could put on permissions that real players in the community (in addition to aanet customers) can vote to... REDIRECT players in the pro server back to the pub... or we could password the server... or other ideas. and of course admins who feel players arent fitting in at the pro server could be sent back into the pub...
right now, this is just an idea, and i want feedback...
i expect ranting, like i just did, so go for it<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Isn't this just segrigating players of the servers?

This is technically descrimination.

Having 'newbies' or as I prefer to think of them as 'devolping players' is part of the game.

Who is to decide which categorey players fit into?

Antecedent, anyone looking in at this would just think it's your attempt to consume more 'power', and those who support you are simply blind to your discrimintae regime.

Last time I checked, we live in a democracy where everyone has equal options to join a NS server dispite there 'standard' of play.

I suggest you reconsider this proposal as the NS community will just not tollerate such a move, and in consiquence aaNet will be forever branded as the server that discriminates on playing standards.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Comments

• RueRue Join Date: 2002-10-21 Member: 1564Members
    take it up on the servers forums

these forums are not for bashing other servers!
    *spidy sence *

<span style='color:red'>***Locked***</span>
  • KaMiKaZe1KaMiKaZe1 Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9196Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I was <i>racially</i> abused by an admin for my <i>religous</i> beliefs.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Buh?

Anywho, server bashing isn't condoned.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Take it up with the admins of that server, not us.

<span style='color:red'>Locked</span>
This discussion has been closed.