Microphone Quality Snags

Kenichi-SNKKenichi-SNK Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24617Members
edited October 2004 in NS General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">For lower computers to keep up</div> Using the OLD VOICE CODEC i could talk freely in any position and situation in the game wether it being a quiet moment looking at a wall or looking at a war scene with 10 buildings and 10 players in the screne.

Now my problem is, my favourite server has changed it to the NEW VOICE CODEC, which is the higher quality one. When i look into anything other than a flat wall my FPS goes slower cos my computer power isnt so good, but in those big scenes when i try to talk, its all bitty, lagged and unclear to anyone. When i look into a flat wall and speak, it is clear cos my FPS is 30+ and unstressed.

Now... Is it possible for me to talk using the OLD VOICE CODEC on a server using the NEW VOICE CODEC?

Comments

• Diablo_fxDiablo_fx Join Date: 2003-02-21 Member: 13793Members
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    <a href='http://amobile.org/nslearn/viewtopic.php?t=87' target='_blank'>Have you tried tweaking your computer?</a>
  • Kenichi-SNKKenichi-SNK Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24617Members
    Yeah iv done all that, iv even had to download all kinds of lower poly models to help up the frame rate.

My fps in the good war scenes is around 10-15, the mic stop being a laggin git as soon as iv hit 30 frams per sec or more. And continuously having to look into flat walls or view the nice floors texture is getting to me as a pain.
  • DragonMechDragonMech Join Date: 2003-09-19 Member: 21023Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    What is your computer's specs?
  • DelphiDelphi Join Date: 2003-04-02 Member: 15134Members, Constellation
    For crap's sake, people. I have a five year old computer that can ONLY barely run city of heroes (I have to take flight or Teleport as a travel power, Super speed and super jump are too fast for my computer to keep up), and I still get 40+ FPS.

Don't complain if your computer is a P2 333 with a VooDoo2 video card. >: p