Commander Hotkeys

ZenduZendu Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5138Members
I seem to have a problem with hotkeying buildings, now ive played a long time, and ive played alot of rts, so its not something newbish like im pressing cntrl, releasing it, then pressing 1.

In theory its cntrl+1, but it doesnt seem to work for me, i dont even have cntrl bound to anything in game, and 1 is weaponslot 1 as it should be, so im unsure what it is.

winxp 800x600 open gl, blah blah, everything else runs okay

Comments

• td_alakadtd_alakad Join Date: 2004-09-23 Member: 31886Members
    The idea behind "ctrl+1" is that you press and <b>HOLD</b> ctrl and then hit 1 <b>WHILE STILL HOLDING CTRL DOWN</b>, and then release both buttons and you will have a hotkey set.
  • ZenduZendu Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5138Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->now ive played a long time, and ive played alot of rts, so its not something newbish like im pressing cntrl, releasing it, then pressing 1.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • BlueNovemberBlueNovember hax Join Date: 2003-02-28 Member: 14137Members, Constellation
    Indeed. Although how you said it suggested that was what you were doing, not what you were NOT doing.
    --

The solution lies here
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    i dont even have cntrl bound to anything in game
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Bind your control key to duck.
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Yup, you have to hold down your duck key and press a number.

Incidently, I believe that if you hold duck and use voicecomm, only the marines you have selected will hear you.

--Scythe--
  • ZenduZendu Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5138Members
  • DukemDukem Join Date: 2003-04-06 Member: 15246Banned
    You can build up structure combinations by selecting structures and pressing "L" and the Windows Key at same time.