Couple Points On Marine Command....

Flak50CFlak50C Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7247Members
I happen to be a really good commander.... so i usually get stuck with the job =p

but at any rate the biggest problem i have with the interface is that you can't just click an area and have a waypoint... you have to have a marine selected.

Commanders jobs are VERY busy because theres many things to look after... which is partly why marines are losing a lot recently... because most commanders have no clue as to where priorities lie, things like making turrets crossfire to trap aliens that run by, etc etc.

Basically... I should be able to say 'ok i want you guys to take this node' and right click near it and everyone should get the waypoint. That way I can get back to supporting assaulting troops or building/repairing etc.

Instead I have to sit there mash the mouse as each marine is bunny hopping trying to select them then scroll over and right click one by one... way too tedious. Meanwhile another node is getting destroyed, 3 marines on the other side of the map are spamming for health, upgrades need to be researched and some guy is whining about heavy armor in base.

The only other thing I want is a weapon choice as a ammo satchel so you can have a ton more pistol ammo =P

oh+ a station a marine can use to get hp/armor regen =P

Comments

• UnitUnit Join Date: 2002-08-26 Member: 1230Members
    edited November 2002
    AMEN THAT BROTHER.

A quick grouping system like 1 for Marine Steve, 2 for Marine Joe, 3 for Marine Johnny is most appreciated. But since I have no clue how that works from the coding POV, I'm just gonna end it there.
  • MindmeldmeMindmeldme The Evil One Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1637Members
    It would be very nice to have the option to shift click to add marines to what I already have selected...or be able to group them with ctrl under a number...have specific combat teams and squads....god that would be nice. That alone would make things A LOT easier on commanders. I wouldn't want the whole team to get a waypoint...that would give me a big headache real fast.
  • BridgerBridger Join Date: 2002-10-30 Member: 1761Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Mindmeld_me+Nov 13 2002, 04:50 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mindmeld_me @ Nov 13 2002, 04:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->It would be very nice to have the option to shift click to add marines to what I already have selected...or be able to group them with ctrl under a number...have specific combat teams and squads....god that would be nice. That alone would make things A LOT easier on commanders. I wouldn't want the whole team to get a waypoint...that would give me a big headache real fast.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i agree here! come on v2.0!