Commander Mode Hom

powersaucepowersauce Join Date: 2004-10-07 Member: 32137Members
I keep getting a HOM (hall of mirrors) when i go to commander mode in my map. I just cant get rid of it. Could someone guide me as to how a info_mapinfo should be properly set up?

Comments

• DuFfY1DuFfY1 Join Date: 2003-06-06 Member: 17051Members
    Can you see any of your map at all? If not, then try setting the '<b>View height</b>' property a bit higher.

To prevent the hall of mirrors effect, NS included a black sprite that is drawn behind the map. The position of this is defined by the '<b>Min map Z</b>' property. Make sure the value of this is below the commanders view height and the bottom of your map.

You can find the Z values needed by running the mouse cursor over the 2d windows (side and front) in Hammer, the number that changes as you move the mouse up and down is the number you want.

Hope this helps.
  • powersaucepowersauce Join Date: 2004-10-07 Member: 32137Members
    Bah, i found out the problem. Since i didnt have a ready room set up, i was getting a hall of mirrors. Strange
  • EnceladusEnceladus Join Date: 2004-01-18 Member: 25442Members
    make sure the "No background" flag of the info_mapinfo is NOT checked. If it is checked, you will get a HOM instead of a black background.