Help - Learning Max 6

WotahmiWotahmi Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20285Posts: 34
Creating Structures?
I need a bit of help. I have started playing around with modelling in Milkshape but I really dont like the interface as much as Max so I have started learning max which I am happy with. And now I am learning bone systems in max and using the smd exporter.

But I cant figure out how to relate anims and bones to a current qc file.

Are there any good tutorials for max which are for non standard type models? Specifically NS models like Resource Towers and Turret Factories?

I would like to modify and make my own one, but I would assume it must relate to the original QC file or the server would reject it (assuming from the hitboxes declared etc).

Please let me know if I am going in the wrong direction.

I have looked through a lot of the tutorials sections, but they are more specific to bi-peds or weapons. And I am really interested in trying objects.

Comments

• DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Members Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Posts: 4,507
    edited September 2004
    Im starting to think the help section should be the main customization forum, and this one be the subforum. Noobs would hit the jackpot more often XD
  • BurncycleBurncycle Members, NS1 Playtester Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9759Posts: 2,290
    Moved to help and troubleshooting
    Moderator, NAPT
    IPB Image
  • WotahmiWotahmi Members, Constellation Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20285Posts: 34
    Well since there wasnt too many takers to answer my question I started thinking... what the heck. I will delete all the references in the qc file and see what happens.

Replaced my model with a teapot and exported and compiled. And this is what I got!

user posted image

looks pretty funny. Would be good if the steam came out of the spout!