Playing Until The Very End

124»

Comments

• RecoupRecoup Join Date: 2004-04-25 Member: 28195Members
    Besides, comebacks are quite possible when you are marines, since all it takes is ONE phase gate to take out a hive! A jetpacker gave me a phase gate to all THREE hives during a game where we were stuck in base and had no res nodes other than our base res node.
  • the_x5the_x5 the Xzianthian Join Date: 2004-03-02 Member: 27041Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Xaajeh+Sep 7 2004, 03:15 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Xaajeh @ Sep 7 2004, 03:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Play as if you were really there. Fight to the death. Always have hope. "Recycling" to start a new game means you aren't "living" the experience... you are just playing games to take up time in your life. Sell your computer, buy a paintball gun, and go play competition paintball on artificial fields.. those are your type of people... all in it for the wrong reasons. LoL. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    yes yes!!!!!

This is something i've always been very adamant about and people who come to my server learn quickly that I don't like F4 biznitches.
  • Gecko_God_Of_DooomGecko_God_Of_Dooom Join Date: 2004-02-10 Member: 26353Members
    What I like to personaly do is. sell everything but the arms lab, and an IP. drop a bunch of sgs. then go rush a hive. sure 9/10 times youll die and lose in the rush. but hey, at least the game ends relitivly quick, and everyone has fun. and the 1/10 time you actualy do make, you relocate to thier hive, and have a chance to win still!
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Gecko God Of DOOOM+Sep 8 2004, 08:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Gecko God Of DOOOM @ Sep 8 2004, 08:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> What I like to personaly do is. sell everything but the arms lab, and an IP. drop a bunch of sgs. then go rush a hive. sure 9/10 times youll die and lose in the rush. but hey, at least the game ends relitivly quick, and everyone has fun. and the 1/10 time you actualy do make, you relocate to thier hive, and have a chance to win still! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is legitimate on pretty much every server I have ever seen, even ones that are technically 'No Recycleing', because it isn't really an attemt to give up the game, its just a last ditch attack, which is perfectly understandable.
  • AvengerXAvengerX Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27459Banned
    NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!

even if you can't win, you can get a lot of practice and skill develope ment in the last of the game, I mean you can learn how to dodge aliens when they swarm everwhere and how to make every bullet count before you die.

if you fight to the bitter end, it says more about you then if you just quit

the only execption is when you quit is

A- marines relocate to a impossible to get to location (I/E outside glass hallway)

B- the other time is purly spawn camping you and prolongs the game pointlessly
  • keelemkeelem Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7482Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If people wish to continue playing, you should not ruin it for them and just leave. Leaving is faster than recycling anyways.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, I'm not trying to force it on them. I just want to introduce a new viewpoint, since the never-give-up side seems to have a lot more people on it.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->even if you can't win, you can get a lot of practice and skill develope ment in the last of the game, I mean you can learn how to dodge aliens when they swarm everwhere and how to make every bullet count before you die.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Sorry, but in early-mid game you can learn so much more. You won't learn much sitting in an onos stomach =/