Xhair Color

qwerty4qwerty4 Join Date: 2004-09-04 Member: 31352Members
k i seached for this and didn't find anything so.... how do i change the xhair color to red cuz that light blue almost transparent color is annoying. or can some1 tell me how to make my own and what program to use.
thx in advance
-QWERTY

edit- typo

Comments

• DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
    Using the right forum helps much, much, much more.
  • ReFleXReFleX Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31406Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-DR_FUZZY+Sep 5 2004, 02:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (DR_FUZZY @ Sep 5 2004, 02:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Using the right forum helps much, much, much more. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Huh im a new member but i thought this would be the right place cause hes asking how to make his own custom crosshair and this is the ns custimization forum..

I dont think you can change the color of the hud.. you can only change the oppacity and shape of it..
  • qwerty4qwerty4 Join Date: 2004-09-04 Member: 31352Members
    hmmm in cs you can change the color of the crosshair why not in ns? anyways what program sould i use to edit the crosshair and how? is there s tutorila somewhere?
  • DarknsDarkns Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31402Members, Constellation
    edited September 2004
    The crosshair in CS is drawn by the game AFAIK...
    The one in NS is a image...
    You could always recolor it, though someone most likely has already done this...
    But an option to change the file it uses, or have a greyscale and have the game color it would be great...
  • Fox_OneFox_One Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12310Members
    It'd be very easy to do that. Just increase the contrast, then set the last color in the palette to 255,0,0. Compile as alphatest and voila.
  • VerthandiVerthandi Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10687Members, NS1 Playtester
    <!--QuoteBegin-Darkns+Sep 6 2004, 05:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Darkns @ Sep 6 2004, 05:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The crosshair in CS is drawn by the game AFAIK...
    The one in NS is a image...
    You could always recolor it, though someone most likely has already done this...
    But an option to change the file it uses, or have a greyscale and have the game color it would be great...<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    They're both sprites, it's just that the 'default CS'/Observer one is slightly harder to find now, while the other NS crosshairs are conveniently stored as individual files.

Anyway, back to editing your crosshairs:
    <b>First, the essentials: <a href='http://sjc.edu.hk/~verthandi/sprite_tools.zip' target='_blank'>Standard Issue Sprite Editing Kit</a></b>

Sprite Viewer is used to view sprites and extract bitmaps.
    Sprite Wizard is used to compile sprites.
    <ol type='1'><li>Use Sprite Viewer to open the sprites you want to edit, and extract bitmaps of all of them</li><li>Open the bitmaps with any image editor that supports palettes (e.g. Paint Shop Pro)</li><li>Change the last slot of the palette to the color of your choice. (in this case, red)</li><li>Save all the modified bitmaps</li><li>Use Sprite Wizard to recompile the sprites, following the on-screen instructions, and remember to choose Indexed Alpha transparency when asked</li></ol>