Ns Clan Games Won't Work Very Well

NecroNecro <insert non-birthday-related title here> Join Date: 2002-08-09 Member: 1118Members
<div class="IPBDescription">read...</div> the reason is this:

cpu usage is so high still that it must be on its own computer, now the major server hosting company here in finland has that available...but 150 euros a month which 98% of clans can NOT afford. so it makes it so that no clans have servers, which means they can't really have practises or games. the only way i can see to get clan games going well is to somehow get the cpu usage lower...lower so that you can run atleast 2 and hopefully 3 servers off one computer, i can't see any other way for clans to get a server.

Comments

• SpiritMasterSpiritMaster Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7580Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Truth be known not all that many clans run their own servers. There are alot of servers out there that are run on decent lines by system admins who just enjoy the game so much they run a server. The easiest way for clans to get servers is to ask the admins of these servers if they are willing to host their clan. The Admins get people to moderate the server when hes not around and they get to use the server to host clan matches.
  • Hot_SoupHot_Soup Join Date: 2002-06-29 Member: 847Members
    This isnt simply a clan game problem its public too. Places like blueyonder and other gsp's - game service providers - are reluctant to provide more support for ns as it stands because it does use such high cpu and you need to either have it on its own box which is inefficiant in some cases or have it lagging summink else to buggery.

Something I've been curious about was what was NS actually playtested on - was it ridicolously specced up monsters .. did it run on its own etc etc and is there any eta on more cpu optimisation
  • NecroNecro &lt;insert non-birthday-related title here&gt; Join Date: 2002-08-09 Member: 1118Members
    yea, i know flay is working on getting it lower, but the question is will it be enough?

we can only hope.