I Overclocked My Gf 2 To 700mhz, U Can Do It Too

whiskaswhiskas Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5020Banned
yah
its a vision tek geforce 2 mx 400 PCI 64mb SDR, i bought it for $65 CDN (which is like 2 cents US)

original core speed: 200mHz
current core speed: 700mHz

idle CPU temperature: 42 C (i drilled lotsa holes in the case)

i added 2 heatsinks directly to the video card and installed 2 slot fans, one on either side of the card

so all u ppl who paid $500 for your radeon 9700 or gf4 can go eat me cause i get 100fps in half life and i get a max fps of 176 in UT 2003.

so for those of you will ghetto vid cards like me can turbo charge them by spending another 60$ on some fans and heatsinks, its definately worth it.

just for you ppl who complain about yur low fps.

Comments

• WoggyWoggy Join Date: 2002-10-09 Member: 1466Members
    COUGH anyone can get 100fps in HL>
    Plus, 3D MARK SCORE PLEASE. I find it _very_ hard to belive you overclocked a Geforce 2 to 700mhz.
  • whiskaswhiskas Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5020Banned
    edited November 2002
    sigh

/me starts to download 40 meg prgrm with my ISDN 112k

can you get 176 fps in UT 2003?

*COUGH*

I THINK NOT
  • LegionnairedLegionnaired Join Date: 2002-04-30 Member: 552Members, Constellation
    edited November 2002
    You sir, are full of crap.

Post a powerstrip screenshot, and a picture of teh program you used to OC your card.

Then, you can eat me anyway, because there is no way in hell that a PCI card like that can pull off that sort of FPS. AGP Bus Width, Speed and Bandwidth

The AGP bus is 32 bits wide, just the same as PCI is, but instead of running at half of the system (memory) bus speed the way PCI does, it runs at full bus speed. This means that on a standard Pentium II motherboard AGP runs at 66 MHz instead of the PCI bus's 33 MHz. This of course immediately doubles the bandwidth of the port; instead of the limit of 127.2 MB/s as with PCI, AGP in its lowest speed mode has a bandwidth of 254.3 MB/s. Plus of course the benefits of not having to share bandwidth with other PCI devices.

In addition to doubling the speed of the bus, AGP has defined a 2X mode, which uses special signaling to allow twice as much data to be sent over the port at the same clock speed. What the hardware does is to send information on both the rising and falling edges of the clock signal. Each cycle, the clock signal transitions from "0", to "1" ("rising edge"), and back to "0" ("falling edge"). While PCI for example only transfers data on one of these transitions each cycle, AGP transfers data on both. The result is that the performance doubles again, to 508.6 MB/s theoretical bandwidth. There is also a 4X mode, which performs four transfers per clock cycle: a whopping 1,017 MB/s of bandwidth.

Now, lets say that your card can get those kind of levels anyway. The coolbits regestry crack that everyone and their mother uses to OC their nVidia cards, only goes up to 220 Mhz.... ON MY GF3. My memory clock only goes up to 500.

Post a 3dMark screenshot, post your adjustment program, and maybe we will believe you. Oh, and please upload your results to madonion.com, so we know you aren't photoshopping the pictures.

ALso, how do we know that you arent running UT2k3 in the lowest quality mode possible?
  • LegionnairedLegionnaired Join Date: 2002-04-30 Member: 552Members, Constellation
    I also refer you to this article...

<a href='http://www.overclockers.com/tips584/' target='_blank'>http://www.overclockers.com/tips584/</a>
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members