Echo

InsonmiaInsonmia Join Date: 2004-08-15 Member: 30643Members
<div class="IPBDescription">developer 1 and echo</div> How do I get it to display on screen?

Im using ns with steam and even if i set developer 1 it still doesnt show echos on screen, only in the console... can someone help me?

Comments

• ModChaosControlModChaosControl HiveMind NS bot creator Join Date: 2004-03-31 Member: 27613Members
    does not display on console no matter what.
  • InsonmiaInsonmia Join Date: 2004-08-15 Member: 30643Members
    There were workarounds in CS and I was wondering if there are any for ns though.
  • cryptcrypt Join Date: 2004-04-22 Member: 28091Members, Constellation
    You must start NS with the commandline "-dev"

Just create a shortcut to you desktop, right-klick it and select poperties. After this add "-dev" in the Target-Editfield. It should look like this "...\hl.exe -dev"
  • InsonmiaInsonmia Join Date: 2004-08-15 Member: 30643Members
    that didn't work... I'm using it with steam, so I created a shortcut to it via steam, and the text field said (after changing it)
    C:\Games\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 70 -game nsp -dev

did I do something wrong?
  • obuhobuh Not Quite Smart at NS Join Date: 2003-03-31 Member: 15072Members, Constellation
    In Steam's 'Play Games' window, right click Half-Life and go to Properties. Then select Launch options and add '-dev' without the quotes. Works for me.
  • IBTIBT Join Date: 2003-10-22 Member: 21879Members
    what exactly are you talking about?
    what is this echo?
  • romanoromano Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4296Members
    In WON HL you could do scripts with "developer 1; echo blahabalbhalbh; developer 0" and it would display whatever your echo is at the top left of your screen.

With Steam, echo's are placed only in the console.. and cannot be shown on screen. Sorry.
  • IBTIBT Join Date: 2003-10-22 Member: 21879Members
    oookkk i beleve capt. morgan was doing something like that back in the CS days.
    i remember now
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-romano^_^+Aug 16 2004, 01:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (romano^_^ @ Aug 16 2004, 01:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> In WON HL you could do scripts with "developer 1; echo blahabalbhalbh; developer 0" and it would display whatever your echo is at the top left of your screen.

With Steam, echo's are placed only in the console.. and cannot be shown on screen. Sorry. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    But this bears the question: Are there any that do?
    <!--QuoteBegin-Quaunaut+Aug 16 2004, 06:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Quaunaut @ Aug 16 2004, 06:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-romano^_^+Aug 16 2004, 01:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (romano^_^ @ Aug 16 2004, 01:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> In WON HL you could do scripts with "developer 1; echo blahabalbhalbh; developer 0" and it would display whatever your echo is at the top left of your screen.

With Steam, echo's are placed only in the console.. and cannot be shown on screen.  Sorry. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    But this bears the question: Are there any that do? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Any what? Your question makes no sense, sorry.
  • 2ply2ply Join Date: 2004-03-26 Member: 27535Members
    With messagemode binded to a key with adminmod(stuff like admin_say, admin_chat ect), I use developer 2 and I can see the message I want type in the top left corner.

Although, since this is something to do with adminmod, it might not work with what your trying to do.
  • QuaunautQuaunaut The longest seven days in history... Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14759Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--QuoteBegin-romano^_^+Aug 16 2004, 04:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (romano^_^ @ Aug 16 2004, 04:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Quaunaut+Aug 16 2004, 06:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Quaunaut @ Aug 16 2004, 06:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-romano^_^+Aug 16 2004, 01:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (romano^_^ @ Aug 16 2004, 01:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> In WON HL you could do scripts with "developer 1; echo blahabalbhalbh; developer 0" and it would display whatever your echo is at the top left of your screen.

With Steam, echo's are placed only in the console.. and cannot be shown on screen.  Sorry. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    But this bears the question: Are there any that do? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Any what? Your question makes no sense, sorry. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Anything that will say something on screen.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Quaunaut+Aug 16 2004, 08:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Quaunaut @ Aug 16 2004, 08:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-romano^_^+Aug 16 2004, 04:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (romano^_^ @ Aug 16 2004, 04:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Quaunaut+Aug 16 2004, 06:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Quaunaut @ Aug 16 2004, 06:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-romano^_^+Aug 16 2004, 01:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (romano^_^ @ Aug 16 2004, 01:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> In WON HL you could do scripts with "developer 1; echo blahabalbhalbh; developer 0" and it would display whatever your echo is at the top left of your screen.

But this bears the question: Are there any that do? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Any what? Your question makes no sense, sorry. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Anything that will say something on screen. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No. If there were, I'm pretty sure I would have said it.

If you're looking for some sort of confirmation that a script has executed (ie: echo Alien config executed) you could use the "spk" command to play a sound. "spk alien" would use the default HL male voice to say "alien".. works but is a little annoying at times.