Shopping For A Digital Video Camera

KungFuSquirrelKungFuSquirrel Basher of Muttons Join Date: 2002-01-26 Member: 103Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
<div class="IPBDescription">What to look for?</div> So yes, my parents promised my wife and me a video camera for our wedding, which we haven't bothered to pick yet after about 2 months... I really have no idea what to look for? Some of the tech specs are pretty obvious, but are there any numbers/features I should look for in particular, or any brands that stand out over the rest?

Comments

• TenSixTenSix Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7932Members
    <a href='http://HTTP://www.cnet.com' target='_blank'>Cnet</a> is actually pretty handy for this since you can search for cameras with specific features or specifications. Just be sure to run whatever camera catches your eye through Pricegrabber since Cnet isnt too reliable in finding the lowest price.

And whatever you do, unless its some <i>amazing</i> deal, don't buy from a retail place like Ritz Camera. They wanted $400 for a Dimage Z1, bare bones. Online I bought the same camera plus 128mb flash card, carrying case, lens cleaner, and rechargable batterys + charger, for the same price.