[mcon] Gorgicons, Merge For The Kill!

NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">Result of too much sugar on Lunixmonster</div>

So, I remembered Transformers, and I'm sure you do too, where 5 robots would combine to form Devastator, or Superion.

In the same vein, what if five gorges combined to form... GORGINATOR!

It'd just use the same Onos anims, merely adding in reshuffled Gorge bits. Looks a bit funny but I'm no graphic artist, as you can see. I'll probably do this myself when I buy Milkshape but I thought it'd be a bit of fun for anyone else to play with.

If you're ambitious you could have the gorges all separate on death. Polycount is bound to be astronomical mind you.

Comments

• SRT_RabbSRT_Rabb Join Date: 2004-01-31 Member: 25808Members
  • douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    lol that would be hilarious to kill it and see all 5 gorges die.
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    OK I realise its not a good picture, here's some basic milkshaping.
  • CMF_FatalCMF_Fatal Join Date: 2003-12-27 Member: 24792Members
    rofl! nice! as long as one of em dont release some "spores" of their own :o
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Yeah unfortunately I don't have the full version, and I'm intending to wait and pay for it like an honest citizen. So my Milkshape experiment is dead and gone.

From the size discrepancy I believe I may have to add ANOTHER gorge in order to match the oversized onos head. While Gorginator is probably truer to the "real" hitbox, it would make him far too easy to kill.

Further tweaking needed.... It'd be nice if someone picks up on this and hackjobs something simple, as it'd help brighten up my perpetual gorging on pub servers...
  • ChronoChrono Local flyboy Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18989Members
    maybe make it 2 gorges long because right now as you said doesnt realy fit and it seems kinda odd
    ATM I think it needs a gorge in front, vertically, and another gorge horizontally on top but slighty in front of the current top gorge.

I could play with it in milkshape but I've no plans to make the thing, but its nice to discuss how to improve it should someone else try to complete the beast.
  • CMF_FatalCMF_Fatal Join Date: 2003-12-27 Member: 24792Members
    does it have to be all gorges? cuz in transformers theya re diff types of robots that combined. maybe have a dead rine on top or something. to make it look sceeeery!
    Lol actually I hadn't considered other aliens.

I wanted it to be all gorge because most permgorges end up going onos at the end of the game, since devour more than makes up for 10-40 minutes of chambers and hives.

As for dead marines...... actually thats another concept I was working on, where all Kharaa and Kharaa tech was just infested marine stuff. IE a Fade was part HA part organic, skulks were contorted LA, lerks were infested jetpacks, OCs were turrets, the Onos was a massive fusion of marine RT and hive, etc.

I thought it'd be a bit freaky and fun. But thats a totally different thing to Gorginator.