Aliases And Bind Help Needed! :(

2»

Comments

• Strapon2Strapon2 Join Date: 2003-06-02 Member: 16941Members
    If you don't like toggle scripts because you don't know if they are on or off, try this trick:
    After the alias x somethingon/off is rebound/defined at the end of each on/off part of the toggle, put something like "PISTOL_SCRIPT---ON---"
    ie, alias pon "blah blah; PISTOL_SCRIPT---ON---"
    I have developer set to 1, and this way when you toggle it on/off (replace on with off for the off toggle) it will say "unknown command: PISTOL_SCRIPT---ON---" and you will know that it's on!
    (I haven't had any luck with echo, it only seems to output to the console. not very handy...)
  • UrdUrd Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16696Members, Constellation
    Or an even better way is you use speak commands, it's cleaner and you won't have to take your eyes off the battle to know if you turned it on or off.

<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->
    ...;speak on;...
    ...;speak of;...
    <!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-Urd+Jun 10 2004, 09:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Urd @ Jun 10 2004, 09:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Or an even better way is you use speak commands, it's cleaner and you won't have to take your eyes off the battle to know if you turned it on or off.

<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->
    ...;speak on;...
    ...;speak of;...
    <!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--ec2--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    oooOOOoo...
    better yet, borrow/make sounds and use them! ooh. a whole new world.
    That reminds me, I need to have some sounds made. O.o
    <a href='http://www.research.att.com/projects/tts/demo.html' target='_blank'>http://www.research.att.com/projects/tts/demo.html</a>

enjoy.
    That sounds terrible. :o