Ninja Gaiden

SkinnYSkinnY Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7500Members
<div class="IPBDescription">omg ?</div> okay... i suck... just got the game, and already at the first boss im stuck... seriously, the normal ninjas are easy meat but then all of the sudden he shows up and **** me totally... any hints at all for a little noob like me ?

Comments

• raz0rraz0r Join Date: 2003-07-24 Member: 18395Members
    j00 cuold tyr puttign no yuor ubre 1373 h4x0rz, adn pwnign hsi aas.

Other than that, that's all the help i can give you
    (i haven't actually played ninja gaiden, see)
  • CabalCabal Join Date: 2003-01-24 Member: 12669Members, Constellation
    Most of the bosses have patterns that make them really easy to beat. For the first boss, just keep using the jump off the wall attack. There are some useful tips on beating all the bosses on <a href='http://www.gamefaqs.com' target='_blank'>www.gamefaqs.com</a>
  • DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    edited June 2004
    Mauri is actually one of the hardest bosses in the game in my opinion. Hell I pwned the final 3 bosses a lot quicker than I could him on my second time through.

Make sure you block his attacks, use the rolling dodge to get behind him and get in a quick hit or two, but avoid long combos as he'll pwn you for it. Be very careful w/ strong attacks cause he's fast enough to prepare at least a block in the time it takes for you to execute the move, and probably he'll counter-attack too.

Above all else, keep moving. If you just stand and block he will pummel you with his unblockable charging attack. Just don't get combo greedy and wittle him down, and you should be able to beat him without using all your potions.

Also, the game gets a LOT better after stage 2. A *LOT*. BTW be prepared to be frustrated with Stage 2.
  • UltimaGeckoUltimaGecko hates endnotes Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16320Members
    I actually suggest the 'bounce off the wall' technique hear...just hit the wall and press Y (think that's it) in mid-air. Sometimes he might manage to grab you if you're not quick, but it should work out pretty easily.

Don't forget there's a health in an urn in the back.

The jumping attack will come in handy again once you get to the ninjas with exploding shurikens.
  • SkinnYSkinnY Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7500Members
    okay i tried with all the tips and stuff... but he still keeps using those freaking speciel moves thingys where he throws me around and stuff like that, any way to block those attacks ?
  • TransmissionTransmission Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14456Members
    The way I beat it on ultra hard was that I would roll close to him, see what combo he was doing. If it was a 2 hit one, roll away, since a strong attack or throw coming. Once he does that, get a few hits in. If it's a 3 hit attack, I think you can attack him after that a bit, not sure (been awhile).

Alternatively, there's the long way is to lure him to a wall, and then continue to do straight up vertical wall runs and do a strong (Y) attack from that. He will A) backflip away and take no damage, or B) get hit for very little damage. No matter what happens, just keep doing that forever and ever, as he will continue to run under you, giving you more chances.

Yeah, Murai is an annoying guy, but after that, it just gets easier. Well, almost.
  • frostymoosefrostymoose Join Date: 2003-09-12 Member: 20799Members
    edited June 2004
    murai is really hard for the first boss... what i did was get just close enough to hit him a couple times then rolled away. I did that over and over.