Resource question

kiwakaikiwakai Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3353Members
I've seen quite a few people say that the patch will fix the turret problem. Yet all that has been announced is that the patch will lock the resource levels so admins cant change them.

I am running my own server, and the only thing I changes was server name from Natural Selection server, yet there is still a tower problem. Is the resource values that came with the game incorrect?

Marine turrets seem to take about 5-6 bite hits with onos, about 10-15 bile bombs from a Fade, about 20-30 rockets from a fade, and I have yet to be able to kill a turret with any other race. As a lerk I shot 3 energy bars worth of spikes at a turret without it dieing. I did not get to stay and see how many it actually took becuase some marines showed up and killed me in 4 shots. As a skulk I can never live long enough to bite a turret to death.

I've been playing as alien on my server all day, and the aliens have yet to win. The gameplan always goes: I lead my team to getting 2 or 3 hives up. Then when we attempt to attack the marines base, with 10-15 turrets in a room, we all die. The marines advance. They gain HMGs, HA, and GLs and the aliens die. In this last game I played I literally saw a hallway full of Offence Towers dissapear in under 3 seconds.

Tell me I suck at aliens. I don't care. I love playing as them, and I'm doing my best. And the only reason I complain is becuase I LOVE. The first half of the games I play are some of the funnest gaming I've had in a long time. I think that it's great that you have been playtesting the game for months. My experience only comes from playing pretty much not stop the past few days.

Thanks again!

Comments

• Res1Res1 Join Date: 2002-08-18 Member: 1187Members
    I just played earlier on a patched fist of ra server - flayra was testing a beta server patch.  It made the game much more even for the aliens (marine resources toned down, HMG toned down a little, autoteam balance, etc..).  Still needs to be tweaked some more, but this will make the games much better.