Installed The Game Correctly...

CacoColaCacoCola Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16978Members
edited May 2004 in Tech Support
<div class="IPBDescription">but it doesn't show up in Steam</div> NM it's all fixed now, turns out I had two steam folders and the one it was installing to wasn't the right one

Ignore the rest of the thread

Comments

• RedfordRedford Monorailcatfjord Join Date: 2002-04-28 Member: 528Members, NS1 Playtester
    Odd. There is clearly a tech support forum listed, yet you could not find it. Also, if you installed NS correctly, it would indeed appear on your games list, so we must assume you installed it incorrectly. From the top.

1. Download and install steam.

2. Install half-life files from a previous install, the steam cache, or re-download said files.

3. Run half-life one time to create the half-life folder.

4. Download NS3.0b1, NS3.0b4, and NS3.0b4a.

5. Install NS 3.0b1 to steam/steamapps/youremail/half-life. This should create an "nsp" directory.

6. install NS3.0b4 and NS 3.0b4a *in that order* *to the same directory* (steam/steamapps/youremail/half-life/nsp)

7. Play.

If you followed these insructions and still can not play, you did not follow the insructions and did somthing wrong. Figure it out what it was and fix it.
  • CacoColaCacoCola Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16978Members
    edited May 2004
    blah I see tech support now, below new player, was looking below the discussion forum

Edit: Btw the re-install did not work. the NSP folder is in my steam folder (under the userapps or whatever email folder thing) but it's not showing on the steam menu

I know I installed the files correctly, I know more about computers than that.

It used to show til I had to re-install HL andd...I dunno it's weird

all I know is, I've done the instructions on the site, i've done the instructions you've given me, and it's still not working adn I dunno why.

Why isn't NS supported in the main part of the menu? Because it's in beta form? I mean, it's big enough to be an "official" game IMO
  • RedfordRedford Monorailcatfjord Join Date: 2002-04-28 Member: 528Members, NS1 Playtester
    edited May 2004
    I think you must have made an error somewhere. Try doing it again from scratch, and make SURE AND ABSOLUTLY CERTAIN the path is correct.
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    If it wasn't clear, the /nsp directory has to be in the Steam tree... UNDER the '/steamapps/half-life/' directory. Not just in Steamapps.

If it's there properly AND you installed all the way from Beta 1, see if you can get into a game of HLDM and run around for a bit, to check if the Steam install somehow got screwed up.

Oh, and <span style='color:orange'>*Phased*</span> to Tech Support.
  • CacoColaCacoCola Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16978Members
    yah I got it, read the first post (I edited it)

had two steam directories and it wasn't installing to the right one