Blink not working?

SahinSahin Join Date: 2002-10-28 Member: 1683Members
<div class="IPBDescription">For the level 4...</div>It seems that the blink ability doesn't work, at least for me. Point, click, energy goes down but no teleportation.

Code bug?

Comments

• devilblocksdevilblocks Join Date: 2002-02-04 Member: 162Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    It largely depends on your surrondings mainly so that you don't accidently teleport into a brush.  Sometimes jumping just before you "activate" helps, as well as looking in different spaces.  Keep trying or perhaps play around offline and you'll start to get a feel for where you can and cannot blink.  Some PTers got really good and sneaky with it.  Its great for bypassing marine turrets and wrecking havoc in a base.
  • MoleculorMoleculor Namer-of-Bob Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 9Members
    Also, try aiming up more. You -can't- blink below you. Ever, really. And that includes even a tiny itty bit down from center.
  • humbabahumbaba That Exciting Tales From the Frontline Guy Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 86Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    I am not certain HOW blink works. I know it is blocked by brushes. I am going to disagree with Molec, as I played a game today (and Grendel can vouch for this) where I blinked through the Marine Start on NS_Bast to the point above the elevator shaft, then looked directly below me and blinked to the ground, to avoid falling damage. I find it helps to jump, and also aim as CENTRALLY as possible to the area you wish to blink to. I believe the crosshair aims the center of the model when you blink, so having the crosshair have as wide as space around it as possible will make it more likely that you can successfully fit the fade into the area and therefore, blink.
  • Res1Res1 Join Date: 2002-08-18 Member: 1187Members
    I've had several occasions where I blink and i get stuck in the floor or i get stuck in something else , so i have to kill myself :/  I've also had occasions where I've had plenty of room to blink and plenty of energy... but it doesn't blink, but this seems to only happen on the servers that are pinging reallly high. :/
  • MoleculorMoleculor Namer-of-Bob Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 9Members
    Yes, you can blink down, but only when in the air. I'm assuming you're on the ground.

Think of blink as a catapult, rather than a teleport. It will 'shove' you in a perfectly straight line along the path you choose.

If you're standing, and blink even the -tiniest- bit downwards, you're being shoved into the floor, so you won't move an inch. Which is why you have to look up a bit.