*.ps - How To Put Them In The Map

HazzardHazzard Join Date: 2004-02-11 Member: 26396Members
<div class="IPBDescription">errrrr...... dunno</div> Hey i just made 2 PS on NSPSedit and saved them into *.ps format. how do i put the in the map??

Comments

• DEADscottDEADscott Join Date: 2003-03-29 Member: 15022Members, Constellation
    edited April 2004
    Use Wally or something like it and make it into a texture. Put the texture into a .wad. Wally will do all of this. Then use the .wad in Hammer and select the texture.

<a href='http://www.telefragged.com/wally/' target='_blank'>http://www.telefragged.com/wally/</a>

Probably other ways also, but this is how I get images and stuff into my maps.

[edit] Just looked at nspsedit and its particles, I thought you meant .ps photoshop. With particles I belive that they are sprites and/or models the guys in the NS Customization forum could help you.[/edit]
  • HazzardHazzard Join Date: 2004-02-11 Member: 26396Members
    well i almos killed myself laughting right about now but iots ok ... hope somone helps me
  • KalessinKalessin Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17554Members, Constellation
    Just copy the parameters you have in Psedit into the system entity in Hammer. Set the filepath for the sprite you were using in Psedit as well as giving the system a name and it should be ready to go.
    wow realy.... that i did alredy know i was asking if we could use the *.ps file like a sprite or something like that
  • prsearleprsearle Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2365Members, Constellation
    There's a commented-out entity in the ns FGD - "env_particles". It allows you to specify a particle system to be loaded from mapname.ps, but I don't know whether it works or not. I suspect it has been replaced by env_particles_custom, which is just as flexible but requires fewer files per map.
    edited April 2004
    FINALY SOME LIGHT TO MY BRAIN

hoh it just exposed by the accident i had 5minutes ago

jesss thanks

[EDIT]

Right Confirmed

[/EDIT]