Ooohhh...... That had to hurt...

Mini8495Mini8495 Join Date: 2018-02-18 Member: 237883Members
Well, i'm futzing around with Creative.
Potential spoiler here.

I disabled the laser cannon and all that, freed the babies, cured m'self... and when i got the Sunbeam transmission and went to see them...

it got shot down anyway.
:|
Oof.
Not sure if THAT was supposed to happen.
I'm planting a memorial garden now.
Rest in pepperonis.

VERSION: Mac OS X
DOWNLOADED FROM: Steam, acquired as a gift from a family member
FORUM KNOWLEDGE: I'm new here, this is my first topic :sweat_smile:

Comments

• Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    I'm pretty sure that if you disable the QEP, the Sunbeam has some problem with orbital debris fields and can't land. So either you triggered the sunbeam landing with commands or you should be posting this under 'Bug Reporting'.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Creative might be the problem. I disabled the gun, then repaired the radio and saved the Sunbeam. I suspect that if you disable the gun after you get the Sunbeam timer message, then you get the Sunbeam destroyed animation. If you disable the gun before you get the Sunbeam timer message, then you get the Sunbeam saved radio message. Of course, it is possible that the cutoff point for saving the Sunbeam is one of the previous Sunbeam messages and not the Sunbeam timer message.
  • ranmafanranmafan Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236837Members
    Naw it's a bug. Played standard survival, cured myself and disabled the QEP - Sunbeam still got shot down by an inactive gun that was pointing into the ocean.
  • m0nk3nm0nk3n subnautica Join Date: 2018-02-11 Member: 237402Members
    *february update plz*
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    This is why I would of rather have it where the sunbeam is forced to come if you made it to the PCF. regardless if you got the message or not.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited February 2018
    ranmafan wrote: »
    Naw it's a bug. Played standard survival, cured myself and disabled the QEP - Sunbeam still got shot down by an inactive gun that was pointing into the ocean.
    But did you disable the platform before the 40 minute timer started for sunbeam arrival? Previously, that's the only way players had the inactive gun shooting it down. (still a bug, but avoidable)
  • ranmafanranmafan Join Date: 2018-02-04 Member: 236837Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    But did you disable the platform before the 40 minute timer started for sunbeam arrival? Previously, that's the only way players had the inactive gun shooting it down. (still a bug, but avoidable)

Ah... I did have the gun disabled before the 40 minute timer. Both times I tried. Never occurred to me to try shutting it down AFTER the 40 minute timer started. RIP Sunbeam x2.
  • Mini8495Mini8495 Join Date: 2018-02-18 Member: 237883Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    Yes, I made sure of it before even touching the radio when i knew it was coming.
    Unsure of how to move discussion. :\
    Thanks for coming, guys! :0