integriiintegrii Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68264Members
Heres my stats.
i7-2700K CPU. No single virtual core is running ever more than 20%
16GB Ram
Raid 0 SSDs
GTX 780
Windows 10
378.49 Driver

I have a second PC with similar specs, but an older video card in it. It runs great.

60 FPS solid on the main menu. If join a game, or even host one myself with nobody on it, it never goes above 26 FPS. It looks horrible.

I tried lowering the settings and resolution to the lowest. Still 24-26 frames no matter what I change. I tried all of it.

What gives? Anyone seen this before? All my other games like Doom, Elite, The Division, and TitanFall 2 work great.

Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Hi There.

You have posted in the forums for the Natural Selection half-life mod. I presume you meant to post in the Natural Selection 2 support forums, which can be found here - https://forums.unknownworlds.com/categories/technical-support

You're lucky I found you, although I fear after a week, it may already be too late....
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    @integrii Go to your Natural Selection 2 folder, run TechSupport.exe, and send us the zip file that it produces. :) (You can just upload it here, in the forums).
  • loMeloMe PA Join Date: 2014-02-26 Member: 194387Members
    edited February 2017
    I have the exact same issue. 2,800 hours played and when I built a new computer the game became unplayable. Running an i7 6700k, 16GB RAM, ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10. Uploaded my TechSupport.exe file in this post. I've tried to delete the workshop folder. Reinstalled NS2 and nothing fixes it.
    lome.zip 292.7K
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    This is strange... your system specs are very similar to mine. How is the game unplayable? Very low fps? In game only, or does it also affect the main menu?

Have you tried unsubscribing from both the client mods you have installed? I'm not sure which ones those are.
  • loMeloMe PA Join Date: 2014-02-26 Member: 194387Members
    I've deleted my entire workshops folder, unsubscribed to every mod on the workshop, deleted ns2 and reinstalled.

I get the same problem this guy gets. 60 fps in main menu, but as soon as I enter a server my fps ranges from like 15-30 and usually around 24ish.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2017
    Okay make sure you have no Directx overlays running with NS2 and also make sure your anti virus software isn't treating ns2 like malware. Both can cause serious performance issues. E.g. I have seen the MSI Gaming tool bringing ns2 down to 24-26 fps on high end specs.

If you are sure such software is not running at your pc try to follow these steps to provide us with a performance log:
    Type "p_logall" without quotes in the console (~ key or whatever is above tab and next to 1) whenever you want to begin recording in game. Please wait until you at least have spawned before using the command. To end the performance logging you can either use p_endlog in the console or just wait for the round to end.

Afterwards navigate to your appdata/home config folder ( e.g at windows %appdata%/natural selection 2/)
    You should now see a new profile log called <timestamp>.plog .
    Please zip it/compress it and attach it to your tech support post.

This will give us a frame by frame analysis of what is going on, so try to pick a time when you can best reproduce your lowest performance.
    Don't record for longer than 30 minutes, and don't record for shorter than 5.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @loMe Any update on this? Was it an nvidia driver, because I know they had one bad driver somewhere around the time you posted that got hotfixed?
  • NoMNoM Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203407Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited April 2017
    I have a Nvidia 1080, Intel 3820 @ 4.6ghz, play at 2k res - with everything on low. But I get around 144fps on a 24 slot server. Thanks to the x64 release.