(sreq) Animated Bullet Hole Sprite Reqst.

NightCrawlerzNightCrawlerz Join Date: 2003-04-18 Member: 15609Posts: 618Members
just asking
If there is indeed a way to animate bullet holes i would like it if somone would like to add a glowing center to the current ns bullet hole that slowly fades to black.

bullet hole is created with a glowing center that slowly cools to the normal black.

trust me it gonna look hecka cool if this could be done.
UNCHAIN THE CHAMBERS

Comments

• MausMaus Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5599Posts: 2,532Members
    Bullet holes are decals, not sprites.
    user posted image
  • NightCrawlerzNightCrawlerz Join Date: 2003-04-18 Member: 15609Posts: 618Members
    sad.gif well can you animate decals??
    UNCHAIN THE CHAMBERS
  • -Drake--Drake- -dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ- Join Date: 2003-04-02 Member: 15125Posts: 2,281Members
    dont think so a decal is just like a texture
    (ノ◕㉨◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • MalambisBZMalambisBZ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9559Posts: 495Members
    Textures can indeed be animated, but you can't have a transparent animation, so all the white around the bullet hole would show.
    user posted image
  • NightCrawlerzNightCrawlerz Join Date: 2003-04-18 Member: 15609Posts: 618Members
    edited January 2004
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it would have looked sooo soo amazing ly cool watching your bullet holes cool and all... bah i hate the world now.

But wait what if you made a new bullet hole texture without white??
    is there any way possible to make this work...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    UNCHAIN THE CHAMBERS
  • MalambisBZMalambisBZ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9559Posts: 495Members
    There's no way to make transparency without adding { infront of the texture, which makes the + animation symbol do nothing.

Unless someone knows some trick to make it work, i'm afraid this wont work.

The gauss gun in HL single player used a sprite where the impact was, which is hardcoded.
    user posted image
    Well then... is there a way i can change the lmg bullet impact to that of the gauss guns?
    UNCHAIN THE CHAMBERS
  • PhycoPhyco Omnipotent Join Date: 2003-12-24 Member: 24730Posts: 737Members
    well if u want to tear ur **** open decompiling that and recoding it and recompiling and figiting with ns to accept it as the bullet hole

YES

but i dont think any1 would do it for you