So the aids tourney ends

paskiainenjantunenpaskiainenjantunen Join Date: 2013-06-26 Member: 185704Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited March 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
SO.... How should I kickstart the drama?....I'll just go with a good old fashion shitpost

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think every single player CAB agree that competitive ns2 is completely unplayable without mods. 2 teams disbanded out of boredom, 6 people individually ragequit and the tourney was overall a great representation of the kind of suffering jesus must have felt.

R

From shit you have come, to shit you must return.

byebye ns2 nice rip kthxbye work done here

Comments

• RysskRyssk Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175441Members
    I tried to write to Wasabi on steam, he's online but he hasnt answered for 2 hours.. Kind of explains how good UWE is run! Piece of shit developers imho! Great way to aid the community haha.. It's Tripwire all over again how they killed the RO2 Scene! Good Job guys.. You've managed to finally achieve what you wanted.. Next time when you announce a World Championship.. Just plaster everywhere that's a typical PR Stunt!
  • knoxafknoxaf USA Join Date: 2014-02-22 Member: 194233Members
    Champion here....

I carried paskie every round. Kid is bad.
  • paskiainenjantunenpaskiainenjantunen Join Date: 2013-06-26 Member: 185704Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    knoxaf wrote: »
    Champion here....

I carried paskie every round. Kid is bad.

I do have to point out that I made the enemy team throw and win us the last round by forfeit with my mindgames and abusementetoes
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2016
    Okay, let me be very clear. I had no illusions that this would be a high quality event. Playing without mods is obviously going to shit. I don't think anyone thought any different at any point..

But this was also very much a self-fulfilled prophecy by the players. You went out of your way to make the experience even more shitty than you had to, to prove a point.

Edit: And the sad reality is; you did not have to. Everyone agrees on this as far as I can tell..

You increased your graphics and trolled that it was for "immersion", and then you complain about performance..

You banned custom crosshairs and complained that you didn't get custom crosshairs - and you caused crashes in the process by imposing consistency check on this.

To what extent people were trolling to sabotage the 'event', we can only guess. People delaying on purpose, who knows?

Let me re-iterate, I don't question the value of dragons or mendasps mods. But this 'tourney' is not an argument for anything, other than how childish and dramatic the ns2 comp community can really be.

Let the circlejerks begin.
  • paskiainenjantunenpaskiainenjantunen Join Date: 2013-06-26 Member: 185704Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2016
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    Okay, let me be very clear. I had no illusions that this would be a high quality event. Playing without mods is obviously going to shit. I don't think anyone thought any different at any point..

But this was also very much a self-fulfilled prophecy by the players. You went out of your way to make the experience even more shitty than you had to, to prove a point.

You increased your graphics and trolled that it was for "immersion", and then you complain about performance..

You banned custom crosshairs and complained that you didn't get custom crosshairs - and you caused crashes in the process by imposing consistency check on this.

To what extent people were trolling to sabotage the 'event', we can only guess. People delaying on purpose, who knows?

Let me re-iterate, I don't question the value of dragons or mendasps mods. But this 'tourney' is not an argument for anything, other than how childish and dramatic the ns2 comp community can really be.

Let the circlejerks begin.

I dont know who you are, probably a nobody. I will now proceed to ask you withdraw such rude statements. We legitimately tried to enjoy vanilla but people got pissed of by the bullshit and thats when people set high settings. That by the way can not be used as evidence of us intentionally making it aids. And btw ur probalby bad at the game fam. so uh. yea

we didnt __________________bad on purpose but it is just shit vanilla and only overboard thing was xhairs
    _________make the game like

thxbye
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    You are sad to watch, all of you.

#inb4closed
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ಠ_ಠ
This discussion has been closed.