Any plan to get rid of carcasses and debrises of structures?

Classic319Classic319 Join Date: 2010-11-06 Member: 74789Posts: 194Members
design task?

I love to see remaining dead bodies of alien structures, and some debrises of destroyed marine structures.

But, are you planning to find ways to get rid of those things, not just let them disappear awkwardly?

Especially to see hive's carcass disappearing is kind of... strange.

Melt? Explode? Disappearing as if they are getting cloaked?

Answer me plz :)

Comments

• zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Posts: 388Members
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Posts: 11,279Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue mod
    Future feature most likely, nano bugs and bacteria absorption indeed :P

Forum Admin "to protect and serve" Admin/Moderator I use a flamethrower tank for most disputes

Existence Unknown
    NS2-720p Playlist or on the UWE Forums, last update 11-aug-2012
    NS2: 95x1HP Skulk escapes, latest NS2 Comic #49 GAS: Newton's third law was wrong?

• Classic319Classic319 Join Date: 2010-11-06 Member: 74789Posts: 194Members
    QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Feb 28 2012, 12:20 PM) »

oh then why don't those nano bugs nibble and kill the hive instead of marines trying so hard to kill them lol @_@
  • saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Posts: 259Members
    QUOTE (Classic319 @ Feb 27 2012, 11:31 PM) »
    oh then why don't those nano bugs nibble and kill the hive instead of marines trying so hard to kill them lol @_@

The hives immune system is still alive and would eat the nanites. Also, nanites stop nanites.
    Coffee and Jetpacks. Which is better?

IGN is: Salty?!
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Posts: 1,850Members
    QUOTE (Classic319 @ Feb 27 2012, 09:31 PM) »

It's called nano-gridlock, and it's a cornerstone of Natural Selection's technobull%&#!

Once the infestation reaches the Command Chair, the process begins. One Gorge enters the chair to provide the necessary height. Another climbs on its shoulders to access the controls.

A Gorge Lab is quickly established, staffed by microscopic Gorges who work tirelessly to unlock the secrets of Frontiersman Technology, stopping only to change their lab coats when they become dirtied. Once the research progresses to a certain point, the Gorgecom gives the order. Nanites are called into service.

The armature forms. A chosen Gorge, tested many times in the field of battle, enters the machine.

Servos whir; miniguns spin up in diagnostics; an Exogorge is born.

• Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Posts: 348Members
    QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Feb 27 2012, 09:20 PM) »

Sounds like a good idea, so when on infestation they get absorbed and a small amount of resources is gained for the alien team, near marines or structures nanobots recycle them and they gain a little resource.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Posts: 6,815Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer admin
    I'm not sure what we'll add here but improving the deaths is high up on our list. I imagine we'll do a short animation, then transition to (much better) rag doll, then watch as the nano grid 'consumes' the body back into it.
    Charlie Cleveland
    Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Posts: 1,038Members
    edited February 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMqdoDamcnk
    At 24 seconds we see a death animation that I believe would be perfect for marines in ns2. At 1:03 we see a couple more examples. I like this kind of floaty digital fire look.

As for aliens, I wouldn't mind seeing alien structures/bodies 'melt' into a small temporary amount of croach on the floor that fades as if no cyst is around.
    Post edited by Unknown User on