Still Mouse problems

dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
edited February 2016 in Technical Support
Since last patch 184 is have random mouse breaks.
So i running around and suddenly my mouse isnt working anymore. Then comes a redplug and after a few seconds its working again.
I have no issues in Windows or other games and the fact that this starts with 184 makes me believe its game related.
Turning on/off raw mode, switching between DX9/DX11, PhysiX on/off, and turning vsync on/off didnt help.
No errors in console.
Its like a buffer run full and then the game try to empty it (redplug)
While the mouse didnt work i still can run around with keys and can hear teammates talking till the short break cause the redplug.
So its not a network issue.
Reinstalling mouse, Networkcard and soundcard (thought the breaks coming from there maybe) didnt help also.
Verified gamecache, everything is ok here.

What i also noticed is a short break within the atmospheric sound loop short after gamestart in the main menu, maybe its related to the mouse break.
Never noticed that before.

Win764bit
Roccat pure military

All drivers up to date.

And btw, what is this mysterious UWE.fix fixing some servers running at the momenet. Cause i have the same issues on these servers and the desciption explain nothing but many servers using it.

Well, after trying multiple stuff incl. deactivating unneeded pocessed and expluding the NS2.exe from the realtime scanner i give it up.
NS2 is unplayable for me atm cause these random breaks.
Sometimes i have them multiple times in 1 min, sometimes none in one round.

Comments

• FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The UWE hotfix is part of the extensions system, it allows UWE to apply Lua fixes to all servers without needing to push a new build out. The current one is to attempt a fix to the long-term tunnel bug.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2016
    Well, its interesting and frustrating at the same time.
    While in NS2 and the mouse breaks and i alt-tab to windows while my device manager is open, i can see that there is something going on in the manager and the mouse isnt working in windows also.

In an hardware heavy game like Witcher3 everything working fine.
    Now im confused.
    Ok, played a few rounds CS:go, zero problems.
    Now im more confused.

Im still thinking its something NS2 related after all.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    That's interesting @dePARA, the symptoms you describe are exactly like that I had when the cable in my last mouse got damaged.

I only noticed it at first in a particular game, because i was pushing the mouse away from me a lot, and it was causing a bend which highlighted the issue. In all other games it was fine. Eventually, as it got worse, it started packing up in everything. Definitely play around with the cables, and see if you can get it to occur on windows desktop.