VR problems

xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited January 2016 in Technical Support
So, I tried running NS2 in VR mode using cardboard + trinus VR app for streaming + TriDef 3D for stereoscopic image.
I get depth in ready room, but I don't get no depth in game. What could be the reason for this? I tried some other games and it worked well there.

2016-01-11_00002.jpg

2016-01-11_00003.jpg

Comments

• ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hmm. Resident amateur-expert here.

Not totally sure what's up. Give me a couple days and I'll try to figure it out. But it definitely appears that your view is being mirrored in each lens in a round, so there wouldn't be depth at all versus the readyroom. Is this on an NS2+ server? It might have something to do with the team-specific FOVs. or some other option.

Anyways, bear in mind that an answer may not be possible to debug. VR in the game is done through the use of (obviously) third-party drivers and programs like Tridef, so it is considered unsupported by the dev team. That said, I'll definitely look into it (because I get a consumer version for free).
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I tried it on my own server with no mods and it didn't work as well.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I figured out that I maybe was running it in Power3D mode (which simulates 3d but does not always work well). Maybe I should have used normal 3d and it could work. Too bad Tridef trial expired and I can't afford to buy it at 40$ right now.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I've been using tridef3d for a while now i just lock the process for activation so it doesn't bug me, i've been testing it recently with my old DK1 and it seems to work fine, actually better now that the NS2+ allows scaling :D can finally fit everything onto the screen.

Only complains, the FOV implementation in NS2 has always been shit from day1, it almost streches the screen rather then actually expands.