v.277 BUGS

AfijakAfijak Join Date: 2013-09-16 Member: 188281Members
edited November 2015 in Technical Support
The first is an old graphical error with a Building device that has its rays a little bit shifted up in 3-rd person view. Now it looks like the upper ray is coming out of nowhere and the lower ray is coming out of the upper tube instead of lower one.
See screen.

Comments

• AfijakAfijak Join Date: 2013-09-16 Member: 188281Members
    edited November 2015
    edited November 2015
    The second is that Sculk has no Taunt sound. Instead of Taunt it is played one more Chuckle sound.

PS. I definitely remember that in early builds there was a different Taunt for Sculk.
    edited November 2015
    The third are errors in Command tech menu (errors in description, broken or improper device description strings, improper icon highlighting after/before structure building/device upgrading, etc.) Please look carefully at the following:
    edited November 2015
    - "Two command station" structure upgrade has the same description string as its Name. So it looks like two names:

"Two command stations" and
    "Two command stations"

This is also problematic in a way that it is not possible to add new or correct the existing description manually because the same string is used for the Name and for the Description of that upgrade...
    edited November 2015
    - The Sentry Battery icon is not highlighted when the actual structure is built...
    edited November 2015
    - Armoury/Adv. Armoury versus Robotics factory/Arc Robotics factory have CONTRADICTORY icon highlighting:

after upgrading Armoury to Adv. Armoury - the both icons of "Armoury" and "Adv. Armoury" are highlighted on the tech menu... but

after upgrading Robotics factory to Arc Robotics factory, the "Robotics factory" icon is dimmed and "Arc Robotics factory" icon is highlightead instead... The "Robotics factory" icon is again highlighted after building one more Robotics factory structure, so then we have proper two icons highlighted indicating that two different structures are built;

as to the Armoury/Adv. Armoury it is should be the same: two icons - two buildings, one icon - one building; now it looks like Adv. Armoury includes Armoury in it...

so the thing should be inspected and fixed to have only one way of structure icon highlighting in both buildings (Armoury/Adv. Armoury versus Robotics factory/Arc Robotics factory).
    edited November 2015
    The fourth and important: there are too many errors in the text (errors in description, missing and odd description, improper description, errors in punctuation - there are a lot of description without fulstops at the end of the clauses) and so on. Please fix that...
    edited November 2015
    The fifth - Gorge and Lerk missing the sound of legs/limbs hitting the floor when pressing the crouch key while jumping/dropping... So they sound cheaterly quiet in that cases.

According to Gorge - no sound after both horizontal and vertical jump/drop.
    According to Lerk - no sound after vertical drop only (pressing crouch key to detach and drop from the ceiling or wall)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2015
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    When an advanced armory is built, both should be highlighted. I'd say that one's correct (since it's a tech tree not necessarily a map of things you have)
    edited November 2015
    Agree with you mattji104, but then both icons should be also highlighted when Robotics factory was upgraded to Arc Robotics factory...
    Both variants are good but at the same time the both should be the same, not that like one is in one way and another in other ...

To SAMUS DROID:
    Samus will you check the abovementioned to fix them next time, it would be very nice...
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Well I doubt I can fix all of them but I can try to fix some
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    I am speechless.... :o

I think we found a candidate that is able to reproduce the famous tunnel bug!
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    wooza wrote: »

Good luck with that, I gathered PT's to try to replicate this bug on a day that wasn't even scheduled for tests as I got so annoyed with this bug, tried to replicate for good couple of hours but no luck.... Did find the pg bug though
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I feel uninformed.
    I have no clue which PG and tunnel bugs you 2 are talking about. Never encountered them. :p

It seems I have a habbit of never encountering the most common bugs, ever. :D
    @DC_Darkling I'm pretty sure they are talking about where the phase gate phases you back to the same gate, and black screen on exiting tunnel bugs
  • BabblerKingBabblerKing Join Date: 2015-07-12 Member: 206120Members
    Tunnel bug = tunnels that don't open when they should.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I know the phase gate bug one. Never ever had the tunnel one. :P
    Fair nuff.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    @DC_Darkling I'm pretty sure they are talking about where the phase gate phases you back to the same gate, and black screen on exiting tunnel bugs

There is actually another bug wooza was referring to, the one where the two gorge tunnels don't connect which can be a game breaker specially if aliens want to pull off a last minute rush, the only reliable way to trying to reproduce this is joining higher population servers where there are multiple gorges dropping tunnels everywhere, @wooza you should ask the public one night just to all go gorge and keep dropping tunnels til it's replicated, it's hard for pt's to reproduce purely due to pt numbers
    Ive never seen that bug. Is it just on the hacked 24+ servers?
    Perhaps a issue with running out entities or something. I mean, isnt the tunnel itself a entity?
    edited November 2015
    Ive never seen that bug. Is it just on the hacked 24+ servers?
    Perhaps a issue with running out entities or something. I mean, isnt the tunnel itself a entity?

It is a possible scenario, will have to enable that entity command and observe the count, to be honest it seems most prevalent mid to late game due to the amount of structures places on both sides, it is a reasonable scenario, what's the command again @SamusDroid @GhoulofGSG9 ?

The limit is 3k is it not?

Only reason I am alluding to mid to late game as it is most likely to occur when a player wants to plan an all in gorge rush to tip the balance of power only to be cursing loudly on the microphone when the rush is spoil by the bug, I myself was a victim of this numerous times :smiley:
    wooza wrote: »

Scratch all that was being said earlier, we may have found the reason behind the bug :smiley: stay tuned
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    The bug can also be found in vanilla NS2.

This is some awsome news Yojimbo!
  • Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
    A tunnel bug that I experienced about a few weeks ago was that my tunnel connected to another persons tunnel. When I dropped the second part to the tunnel I already had one at main hive. My tunnel connected to another person who had a tunnel at the main hive.
    Nothing showed in my console at the time and no idea how to reproduce this. Just thought you may want to be aware of this bug to keep an eye out for it.
    Funny how folk can agree or disagree when I was in essence stating a question. I was at the very least not stating any facts to agree or disagree with. :P
    Glad if you found the bug though. ^^