My game is crashing and lagging

tigrdogtigrdog upyours Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207264Members
WEll when i start the game everithing is fine, untill i try to play. Note i have played the tutorial and beside it being laggy for the first 3-4 minutes it works fine, however when i try to play a bot game it crashes and leaves a ˝sending crash report ˝message on the screen which stays there till i shut down my PC. THe game stays open in the loadin screen in the backround but can not be turned off. I have added my tech support results.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2015
    Well there's nothing obvious about your crash other than running in 32 bit OS, too low of memory, and not meeting the minimum hardware requirements.
    Your video card does not meet the minimum requirements of 1 GB of VRAM. (you have 512 mb) Also, you have an old CPU (7 years) that was mediocre even when it was new.
    Lastly, with only 2 GB of RAM, Windows 7 32 bit is going to use 1 to 1.5 GB, leaving only 512 MB to 1 GB of RAM for NS2, which may cause issues beyond what your video card causes.

As not meeting the hardware requirements, I do not believe you are going to be able to play NS2, sorry :neutral:
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2015
    Hello,

I am deeply sorry to tell you that your PC is not sufficient to run Natural Selection 2 (NS2).

You need at least 3 GB Ram to run NS2 properly without running out of memory ( NS2 needs 1.5 GB RAM alone and the OS usually takes another 1 GB )

I know that the store page specs say 2 GB Ram but those are very outdated by now and we (the CDT) requested multiple times to update them to avoid situations like yours.

If possible i would suggest you to ask the Valve support for a refund or to upgrade your PC ;)

Edit: Ironhorse was faster, doh
  • tigrdogtigrdog upyours Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207264Members
    Aha well i have good news and bad news. I think you are right about the whole thing is the good news hoewer the bad news( for me) is that it says i have 4 gb of RAM on hardrive and 1,244 gb of VRAM. :(. i think i need to service my pc