the "Rines Rool" method

KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I'm confused. What am I looking at here? Is it a top-down diagram, or one viewed in a side-view?

Also, if you're saying what I think you're saying, you should be able to just manually connect the pathing mesh after generation. No need to adjust your geo ahead of time.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yeah I didn't understand what you were trying to communicate. Just connect the faces after generating the mesh?
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Hmmm. Is it required in the first place ? I mean an onos should be able to go everywhere on the map. Therefore every part should be connected in the first place. Also it help with any Cyst problem.

Reconnect the parts means to do it again every time you generate the AI path which is a pre requisite every time i prepare an update. Murphy's law...