Mine Ladders' unnecessary disappearance

FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
There was a patch long ago where collision was changed for, I agree, the general betterment of the game. A by-product of these changes were that marines couldn't stand on mines placed on the wall amymore.

This wasn't done on purpose and nothing was done to fix the fact that it was missing. Can we please rectify this or atleast add it to the trello board?

I never saw this negatively impact games and it was one of the cool quirks of Natural Selection that had been around since forever. A 15 res fee to get into a vent or special place is reasonable anyway! I always really appreciated being able to do this since most comms won't drop you a temporary structure to jump on in public games :\

This post brought to you by IronHorse's nostalgia post.

Comments

• 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    You can still use mines on corners/edges and hop on the over-hangs.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    mattji104 wrote: »
    This wasn't done on purpose
    What makes you say that?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    @IronHorse
    The changelog. I remember that the language didnt mention it and it was a side effect. Its a welcome side effect since mine jumping was the only thing it broke in favor of better skulk vs marine play.

But mine-jumping itself was never the negative. It just happened and never got public consideration