Mod idea or request for server customisation menu

ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
An idea come up while i while i was watching my girlfriend play on MCG Lounge, the server admin had asked "what mods do you want on the server that won't change game-play but keep it vanilla"

Got me thinking how we have a bunch of modifications that change the skin of weapons, player models and or different weapons.

I was wondering if there was any mods but there are no ways to actually show other people your model in game, which made my synapses click again.

Customise player menu, shared to all players based on what custom model and skins server is running? i remember siege-mod had that DLC skins enabled for all players if they went into customisation menu and it shared the models to anyone who didn't have them(i know that the skins that were enabled for everyone they already had on there computers) I was wondering if anyone has thought about it much if at all. Why not have the server list a bunch of skins, or mods that are running and allow players to choose from the customisation menu?

I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to look into it? the idea as server admin is to be able to select skins/mods allowed on your server, have config compile and update, when joining players download specific skins, keeping in mind this could be a huge download, but beneficial if you are playing on a fun server which is mostly vanilla. Hence it admins itself, most people won't join a server where there are hugely retarded amounts of skins since it'd take a while to download, no one joins, no one plays, admins reduce the amount.

Unrelated/related below

Another mod idea, using something like webadmin but just for workshop mods, in this case a seperate config, which server admins can click to subscribe directly to a config file, no need to add -J53R35 etc, simply like and click, that way your skin mods or what ever are automatically added to the config.