NS2 inspired/related jokes... let's collect them!

2»

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Nordic wrote: »
    coolitic wrote: »
    2cough wrote: »
    Allow me to help you out coolitic ol buddy ol pal,
    Wyzcrak wrote: »
    A skulk, a fade, and an Onos walk into a bar, and the bartender says "LOL WALKER FADE".
    Wyzcrak wrote: »
    a fade... walk(s) into a bar.

Ehhh? :-?

Alright now to chip in... Good skulks never die... they just fade away.

:-q

OK I'm gonna spell this out for him.
    The joke lies in the fact that the fade in the above scenario walks into a bar. In NS2 and NS1 gameplay, fades should not be walking anywhere, and instead should be be blinking or shadowstepping around, as a fade's walking speed is extremely slow and therefore endangers him to being killed by marines.

Thus, the joke is funny because the bar tender at the bar into which the trio walk into, points it out.

Wasn't that my original guess?

Yes, but you still didn't understand the all important why. Hence why I said "your almost there." Maybe you just don't find humor in it, but I think it is the only real good joke in this thread.

No I understood why.

Sorry for killing the fun =C
  • krOozekrOoze Join Date: 2014-04-24 Member: 195593Members
    edited April 2015
    Having had to spell out the joke made it a non-joke :(

So turns out Schrodinger's cat was dead after all ;)

that isn't quiet true. Schrodinger's cat is in a state of dead and undead until you open the box. A bit like a fade dying around the corner, you are in a state of dead and undead for that split second of lag (or half a second) if you playing on the Thirsty Onos from Australia (me).
    I see. So it's not a error! It is innovative quantum effects implemented purposefully into the game! :P Too bad many a game producer overtook NS2 on that innovative market. ;)
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2015
    krOoze wrote: »
    Having had to spell out the joke made it a non-joke :(

So turns out Schrodinger's cat was dead after all ;)

that isn't quiet true. Schrodinger's cat is in a state of dead and undead until you open the box. A bit like a fade dying around the corner, you are in a state of dead and undead for that split second of lag (or half a second) if you playing on the Thirsty Onos from Australia (me).
    I see. So it's not a error! It is innovative quantum effects implemented purposefully into the game! :P Too bad many a game producer overtook NS2 on that innovative market. ;)

Now you are getting the right idea. Yes, death around corners are a anomaly of the space-time fabric tearing at the quantum level at inconvenient times, nothing to do with net code or tick rates. ;-p

EDIT: sorry I turned the joke thread into a discussion into quantum physics (I don't think the subject is that funny - the quantum physics not the jokes).
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    "Schrodinger's cat is in a state of dead and undead until you open the box." - The cat is in just one state, a *superposition* of the alive and dead states.

Oh Dear, thread necromancy.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @OnosFactory damn it I want to have the last word on the quantum physics discussion.
  • LuchsLuchs Switzerland Join Date: 2014-07-23 Member: 197569Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think this thread is now in a state of both 'on topic' and 'completely derailed' simultaneously...