Enabling Badges (PAX EAST 2012 badge)

Mr_DuckMr_Duck Join Date: 2003-08-19 Member: 19955Members
I've just recently gotten back into NS2... I can't seem to find how to re-enable my PAX badge. It's installed in the DLC content and It was working years ago. I was told to log in through hive and log-in/transfer but no luck.

Comments

• PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Does this badge work as the regular badges do through the Hive? I'm not actually sure. I think it's a completely different system.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I think I was the one you were talking to today Fuzz. Here's the related link:

http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/redeem-in-game-badges/

I guess it's not enabled through hive. Not sure how to do the pax one :( I assume with it installed as DLC it should be in the game.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2015
    You always will have the PAX badge, that is handled through a DLC code you got from PAX, you must have the DLC installed for it to work. It's completely separate from hive
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    I have the PAX badge as well and it's stopped showing up in-game for a few months now. I forget which build it first stopped appearing in. It's showing up as installed via the DLC menu in Steam, but no icon in the in-game scoreboard. Yesterday, I hopped onto a server and saw someone with a PAX badge in the scoreboard, yet mine didn't appear. I have no other badges.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    please start a local server and verify the PAX badge is not there. If it does show up then something else may be causing it to disappear on other servers.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2015
    Ok, even though the pax badges are indeed dlc bound the badges initialization gets still triggered by hive itself. So if the hive-requests time out, are disabled or maybe more the case for you two the hive badge field is empty it won't show up.

I will file a issue report for this now and already have a fix ready. Maybe i can get it in for the next patch ;)