Mod keeps deleting itself

MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
I am pretty sure I am wrong here please redirect me to the right place to post this.

Compmod keeps deleting itself for me and I have to redownload it every time I start ns2. this takes either 3 minutes or 30 minutes because he is retrying pretty often and when I have to join a server with compmod fast then it's a good reason to go enrage for me...

So yeah if anyone could tell me how to fix that would be nice

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Could you use verbose 3 in the console before joining a compmod server? Normally the mod should not delete itself.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Ok late reply here but verbose 3 didn't work. The mod only doesn't delete itself always but very often. Yesterday I played on a server with compmod, I quitted the game and 2 minutes later I tried to join the same server but I had to download compmod again for 20 minutes.

There are actually 2 different problems here I think.
    problem 1: compmod keeps deleting itself
    problem 2: mods download very slowly for me (they shouldn't). Yesterday it needed 9 tries to fully download compmod (the slow download is on other mods aswell though)
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Mate, verbose 3 isnt a fix, it just spams the logfile with a lot of info.. (including mod downloads and checks)