Anti aliasing using nVidia drivers

BarryGorgeBarryGorge London, UK Join Date: 2015-01-28 Member: 201100Members
Does using the setting "enhance the application setting" in nVidia control panel's anti aliasing settings make much of a difference? I have AA turned on in game, but not sure what this is set to by default- whether just standard application based AA or if it uses your GPU at all.

I'm going to play with 8 x AA on, plus MFAA on which is a feature of the 9 series nVidia cards, and see if it makes any difference to image quality but thought I'd ask in case anyone else has already done this.

Comments

• d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    BarryGorge wrote: »
    Does using the setting "enhance the application setting" in nVidia control panel's anti aliasing settings make much of a difference? I have AA turned on in game, but not sure what this is set to by default- whether just standard application based AA or if it uses your GPU at all.

I'm going to play with 8 x AA on, plus MFAA on which is a feature of the 9 series nVidia cards, and see if it makes any difference to image quality but thought I'd ask in case anyone else has already done this.

AFAIK "Enhance the application setting" shouldn't work with NS2 since this game is only using FXAA (which is a post-process AA).
  • BarryGorgeBarryGorge London, UK Join Date: 2015-01-28 Member: 201100Members
    Interestingly I tried it with "override any application setting" to force AA on, and I got some strange coloured lines round the edge of my screen. Don't get them when using the "enhance" option though.
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Only postprocessing AA can be applyed to NS2, and maybe somekind of SSAA. Forcing other types of AA will cause artifacts.

P.S. I want good ingame SMAA for NS2 =(