Underpowered gorge structures and abilites

AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
I and I'm sure many others would agree that many gorge abilities like webs and babblers are underpowered and of not of much use. Here's my list of the abilites I feel that are a bit useless and solutions that I think will fix the problem.

1. Babblers

I think the problem with babblers comes down to 2 issues, one the baitball is very hard to use against moving marines and actually get them to attack, and two even if the babblers are attacking marines they struggle to actually hit and deal damage against a moving marines.
My idea for a solution to the problem of controlling babblers Is that the egg would, instead of being placed and grown, lobbed like a bike bomb and explode on contact with the ground releasing the babblers. Each throw would cost Pr, so the tool should be accessed via the build menu so Pr isn't accidently wasted. Additionally to control the babblers, when selecting the baitball right mouse button would select a target which the babblers would be attracted to and follow. The selected marine or marine structure or lifeform would have a different color highlight as opposed to the default yellow, maybe red or green. Marines and their structures would not show the highlight through walls unless the target is parasited. The baitball itself will be kept for the purpose of putting babblers on oneself or moving them to a general area for whatever reason.

For the issue of inaccurate attacks, my suggestion is that babblers would, after making a successful lunge, latch on to the marine like they were babbler armor and start dealing damage over time.
Once latched on they would deal around 3-5 preircing damage every second and can be shot off by fellow marines. The victim marine can also attack the babblers attached to him by swinging his hatchet in the air which will deal damage to the babblers 1 at a time, the amount of babblers limited to a marine should be capped around 3-5 depending on the damage they deal as the purpose is the distract the marine, not instantly mutilate him with a babbler swarm.

2. I also feel that whips are lacking in use a bit, a marine can at the moment just walk through a web and unless a skulk is there at there at that time this can go a bit unpunished. The most tricky play I can see them being used is in making a trap to make a marine stuck in the line of fire of hydras, but don't see too much use beyond this.
I feel the best way to improve them is to make them barbed so that marines might want to take down whips before passing through, or making them parasite marines helping alert the alien team of any marines trying to do any sneaky play or take down a marine before he can take down a structure, or just make the duration of the slowdown longer so that it would be more risky to just charge through whips as a skulk would easily be able to bite you down.

What do you think of webs and babblers, and do you have other ideas on how to fix them or if they shouldn't be fixed at all?

Comments