Game Loads to Black Screen

JBlazeJBlaze Join Date: 2015-01-21 Member: 200972Members
Hello, I've tried all the options previous posts dedicated to this exact topic, Nothing worked. Hoping maybe someone can help me here?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• JBlazeJBlaze Join Date: 2015-01-21 Member: 200972Members
    Nothing? Non one? Come on guys someone help me out? i've tried everything every other post has suggested and nothing?!?!?!
  • HellwireDHellwireD Join Date: 2015-01-18 Member: 200904Members
    your log has hundreds of these:
    [ 0.596] MainThread : Error: Couldn't load 'game_setup.xml'
    Since that file exists in
    \STEAM\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\tutorial
    \STEAM\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\ns2
    \STEAM\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\explore
    with various contents, you might want to run a verify on the game files?

pretty sad none of the actual tech support people bother to help. guess they are busy with their new projects.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Sorry for the late response, must've missed this one.

So your log shows two files that SHOULD be present on your harddrive, as hellwire mentions.
    Please list the things you've tried already if Verifying the integrity of the cache does not fix this. (Right click NS2 in steam > properties > Local files tab > Verify integrity of cache)
    Be sure to try Obby's Nuke it from Orbit guide

Also just a side note: You are really holding the rest of your system back with that video card. Upgrading it would lessen the bottleneck you're probably experiencing.
    Also your CPU is designed to be overclocked, so it's a bit of shame you aren't taking advantage of that, especially given NS2's hunger for fast clock rates ;)