And so last idea... Gorge Tennis :)

gzhegowgzhegow Belarus, Brest Join Date: 2015-01-13 Member: 200820Members
How about hold and pushing back the grenade launcher nades?
S4e3_gif_finn_jumping_into_web.gif

Comments

• gzhegowgzhegow Belarus, Brest Join Date: 2015-01-13 Member: 200820Members
    edited January 2015
    GL Spam is the IMBA
    But shotgun rush is soo weak in comparing with NS1
    Cost GL and Shotgun is now Same. Lol :(

Maybe shotgun is antipersonel (sorry, anti-fade) weapon, but rines now haven't long range point-damage weapon. For example, VS lerks, what now can long-range spam attack you cant do something, because you not research Advanced Armory.

I did use hand-nades VS Lerks. But now hand-nades is fireworks without damage.
    Now, even you research the Exos, lerk can destroy them safely with their gun.

PS:
    If we taking the ONOS, now we must do Exo's only, or running out from mastodont.
    2 _GOOD_ onoses change the game immediately, and marines can't do some with this.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I'm not sure what you are talking about, since a good GL user can take a fade down faster than one with a SG =P.
  • roxxkattroxxkatt Join Date: 2014-12-28 Member: 200431Members
    which is not how it should work, both in the game and irl

and if a simple change of having GL spam only detonate when it comes to rest as it already does, the GL will no longer be OP, and the retarded 1hko luckshots will come to an abrupt halt
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2015
    roxxkatt wrote: »
    which is not how it should work, both in the game and irl

What?? IRL if a grenade from a launcher hits you in the leg and goes off, it is going to do something like this:

How can you say a shotgun shell in the leg is more dangerous than that?

GL grenades are much more dangerous than a shotgun round, IRL and In-Game. Or are you saying Real-Life got it wrong and it should work the other way around?
  • gzhegowgzhegow Belarus, Brest Join Date: 2015-01-13 Member: 200820Members
    edited January 2015
    No, i say it from games only.
    We every day plays at Russia servers, and i seem, what good-skill aliens won the mega-skill marines with some strategy, without Tactics. 5 alien players kill 5 marine players without gorges. But if marines have fast-technologies and good-skill, the GL spam killing always of around.

I am definitely sure that GL is too strong when a ratio such as Flamethrower, and even more so with the Shotgun. But loosening it, you will make the already weak soldiers - helpless.

If creating the first onos, half-players taking the rage, but we can't hit her with 2-3 players. You need 4 or more, or 3 jetpacks. But onos is not stupid, they running out from JP's, and kill marines, what going alone. If you create 2 groups with 4-5 marines, aliens create 3 groups 3-3-4 and won in fight always.

Only if aliens have half-stupid players, marines can research fast-gl, and kill all, and you dont stop them.

PS
    I just want to say that despite the variety of unfinished abilities for each character, the game has a very small number of strategic responses.

Yes, it looks like the right balance when Marines weak from the start (oh, yeah, they can jump-jump-jump and you chances is now 50%), but if they quickly get weapons and upgrades, they generally can not be stopped. After that, take the initiative Aliens and then they will not stop. You can not make a protracted game, because in a certain moment of the game inevitably wins a certain team, if the players are equal in terms of games.
    that is from a handheld fragmentation grenade

and more importantly a grenade after it has come to a rest after the full 5 second fuse
    note how it did not explode the instant he dropped it
    товарищ я советую вам злоупотреблять этим сайтом

https://translate.google.com/#en/ru
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Sounds like you're playing on some pretty derp servers.

SGs kill a fade in 2 full damage shots. GLs take 3 or 4 if I recall correctly, and wont work if the fade is within range to attack you.

In my experience, marines holding a GL without jetpacks are DEAD marines.

In over 2000 hours of gameplay I can probably count the number of fades I've lost to GL on one hand. I can specifically remember 3 times (I remember because its EMBARRASSING getting killed in such a noob way) but I'm sure there are a couple more.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think the main point here is GL spam sucks (mostly a problem on bigger pub fun fests).

And i agree, esp. now the whips can't bounce those babies back anymore, due to some technical change too complicated to remember.

Suggestion in line with OP:
    When a marine is covered in bile-bomb-slime his grenadelauncher wont function properly for a few seconds and the nade will explode inside the GL damaging the marine.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    that is from a handheld fragmentation grenade

and more importantly a grenade after it has come to a rest after the full 5 second fuse
    note how it did not explode the instant he dropped it

So your issue is that the grenades detonate on impact? rather than the damage they do?

Well, May I introduce to you the Type 89 Grenade Launcher, all the way from back in WWII, yes that is right, impact grenades in WWII...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_89_grenade_discharger

This fired different rounds, but the main one being:

Type 89 50mm HE (high explosive) mortar shell (fitted with impact detonator).

This is about twice as powerful as the as the grenade featured in the aobve video, detonates on impact, and still does much more damage than the shotgun.

So what you are saying is, you don't want grenades to be impact detonation, because you don't like it.

Your original statement about this is not how it works IRL is wrong. This is exactly how it worked for soldiers fighting against the Japanese in WWII.

In future, it's easier to say you don't like something, than try and convince the world something is wrong, when they know different...
    edited January 2015
    but that has an impact detonator

you can only have one detonation system, not both

from your own wikipedia page:
    Type 91 Fragmentation Grenade (fitted with 7 second delay time fuse, ignited in flight).

now pick one

PS tell "the world" for me
  • lerkenlerken Join Date: 2015-01-16 Member: 200876Members
    I have been watching the trello board, and found this related to this discussion.
    https://trello.com/c/qdQkL8Og/726-gl-ft-balance-changes-test
  • AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
    but that has an impact detonator

you can only have one detonation system, not both

from your own wikipedia page:
    Type 91 Fragmentation Grenade (fitted with 7 second delay time fuse, ignited in flight).

now pick one

PS tell "the world" for me

nanites.jpg

tbh its probably possible to invent a dual trigger detonation system irl with current technology
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2015

SGs kill a fade in 2 full damage shots. GLs take 3 or 4 if I recall correctly, and wont work if the fade is within range to attack you.

In over 2000 hours of gameplay I can probably count the number of fades I've lost to GL on one hand. I can specifically remember 3 times (I remember because its EMBARRASSING getting killed in such a noob way) but I'm sure there are a couple more.

It takes 4 GL shots to kill a fade. 5 shots If fade is above biomass 9 and has carapace 3.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-51U-16J1Jqam0MQ1mH7Ft-Yj6tJgGEgOL1UkNSVp3I/edit#gid=1242244053

Edit: I stand corrected @caperp
  • caperpcaperp TSF quick reaction team "ELOgain" Join Date: 2014-02-05 Member: 193823Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    SantaClaws wrote: »

It takes 2 GL shots to kill a fade regardless of carapace, biomass or weapons levels. GL's do 330 damage per grenade and fades have maximum hp of (250+2*120+5*11) = 545 and minimum at (250+2*80) = 410.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-51U-16J1Jqam0MQ1mH7Ft-Yj6tJgGEgOL1UkNSVp3I/edit#gid=1242244053

GLs did half damage against lifeforms pre-nerf, now even less