Anisotropic filtering isn't applied to minimal infestation?

d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
Minimal infestation in the distance looks blurry when viewed at an angle. This is typical when no anisotropic filtering is applied.

If the filtering isn't working, would it be possible to fix that?

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I think it just has to do with the new infestation. It is the same as rich but with no blobs, so it should happen to rich too. It's a always done this afaik. Probably not easy to fix, if it really is a bug
  • d4rkAlfd4rkAlf Sweden Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189309Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Does anyone know if the infestation is a texture or something else? Because if it's not a texture then I guess that would explain why filtering isn't working.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's a shader that an animated model uses. Old infestation was a decal...and as you saw this game doesn't handle decals very well. That's why I made minimal infestation the exact same as rich but with no blobs.
  • GlassesGlasses Join Date: 2010-01-11 Member: 70056Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Thankfully you did. Finally it's accurate and good lookin' too.