[FIX] Unresponsive menu bug fix mod

SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
edited December 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
I finally figured out why it happens, but couldn't get it into the patch in time, so I made a mod until I can fix it in vanilla. It happens when you have your mouse over the webview while a page is loading. It thinks that you have focus to the webview, but when the webview goes away it thinks you have focus to the webview. This is why it happens mostly with the server browser and the mod menu.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=357945311 . Subscribe through steam, open up the mods menu and activate it and the click restart. It will only work in the main menu and will get disabled if you try to connect to a server while running it.

Comments

• RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    if a server is full and you come back but have no mouse just type retry in console..
    nex time your in main menu chances are it responds or do it again, who knows maby even slot opens while doing this if your lucky and dont need main menu any more :D
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    This is all client side right?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Thank youuuuuuu merry christmas alt f4 many time.
  • CuelCuel Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181295Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks. Maybe I can stop pulling down the console to write retry and disconnect everytime.
  • ZeroEarThZeroEarTh Singapore Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197126Members
    its reduce the frequency of bug menu "cant click anything"

but your mod still not perfect samus >> 1-2 times im still encounter this >> but not much
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    How does it happen. I can't see how it could still happen
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    This bug is killing my spirit. Even with the mod I still can't use the mods page, and starting a local server is better done with map ns2_bla to avoid the lagginess.

Also, is the game loading very slowly from desktop related to this? It's very slow now where before it was instant on my SSD.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Scatter wrote: »
    Also, is the game loading very slowly from desktop related to this? It's very slow now where before it was instant on my SSD.

I was having this issue, but then I realized that I had it in windowed mode, even though I don't remember setting this.
    edited December 2014
    Just don't move your mouse to the right side until the window is fully loaded.