How change main menu music?

DubaraDubara Join Date: 2013-08-29 Member: 187173Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold
Hello;
How do I change the main menu music with the 'Dark Nebula'?

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2014
    Because of the long complicated process that is required link the file you want and I'll do it for you.
    But if you want to learn how to do it yourself I can explain it to you.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    or you add a function in game that allows you to change/randomize the main menu soundtrack from ingame (and when you do this a randomized menu theme would be cool too. I'm tired of looking out of the eclipse window)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mephilles wrote: »
    or you add a function in game that allows you to change/randomize the main menu soundtrack from ingame (and when you do this a randomized menu theme would be cool too. I'm tired of looking out of the eclipse window)

There are mods that do this. @beigealert has an animated one that is really cool.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2014

I'm waiting for random menu switching to be approved for next patch.

It's not possible to allow you to change to custom music because you can't just switch out a single sound file you have to create a new fmod sound file.

Though I can see about making it easier to modify it
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited September 2014
    james888 wrote: »

There are mods that do this. @beigealert has an animated one that is really cool.

yeah but I want one that changes the menu theme every time I enter the main menu. the problem is that the random menu switcher mod disables all of my mods everytime I launch the game.
    james888 wrote: »

yeah but I want one that changes the menu theme every time I enter the main menu. the problem is that the random menu switcher mod disables all of my mods everytime I launch the game.

That mod never worked that well so I stopped updating it.