Famous German Lets player is playing NS2

Warforce17Warforce17 Join Date: 2013-09-12 Member: 188154Members
Looking through youtube found this:

Hopefully this will create publicity.

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Look at them stumble blindly across the map :D
    (It took him 19 minutes to open the map xD)

Personal favorites:
    "I can give you meds and ammo, but one has to be really fast for that"
    *a0/w1, against fades* "These sentries are going to save us!"
    *comm sits on 160 res* "We need more of this awesome shit!" - "We need more extractors for that!"

:'D
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I can't understand a word they're saying but it is facinating. I also wasn't aware of the little popup tutorial things that give you things to do (call for meds, turn on flashlight). Good stuff!
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    I'm afraid to say that German isn't the most spoken language in the world.

Mandarin is.

Haha

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2014

Mandarin is.

Haha

And they are tasty :P

This is hilariously awesome!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

Mandarin is.

Haha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

But No. 11 isn't bad
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos

Mandarin is.

Haha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

But No. 11 isn't bad

It all depends on what are the criteria and who writes it. Take one German is in the top ten, another is 18 etc...
  • CmdrKeenCmdrKeen Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185321Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2014
    Next episode is out :D

*snip* (Warforce already posted it)
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    All that T-Res *shakehead*
    Rookies.
    Should be dropping exosuits every 5 seconds.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited September 2014
    Seems like you can get stuck in The Gap if you fall as an exo xD

What is there to disagree with ? it's what happens in the video
  • Warforce17Warforce17 Join Date: 2013-09-12 Member: 188154Members
    I think this gives us a good impression how rookies play the game. Can we learn from this? :)

Part 3:
  • G_LockG_Lock Playtester_ FL Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184624Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hes up to video 7 already, its great to see new players enjoying the game. :D
  • AnzestralAnzestral Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185327Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    We should try invite him to merc in a lower division pcw to get some attention to competitive play. Telling from the games he normally plays I am sure his audience is not really the kind of people who enjoy competitive games, but he got 1.5 million subscribers, maybe some of them might like it. Any german lower division team volunteers?
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited September 2014
    the only german team out there is HBZ I think (and maybe Yggdrassil) but I would call non of them low division. but since they play 5v5 mostly maybe 2 german comp players could train them so the 2 teams can play on div 4 level against each other...

I think the hardest thing might be contacting those youtubers...
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2014
    Its a nice idea, and we could volunteer for that. A little "showmatch" to present the more tactical side of NS2 could bring more players to the game.

And about the divisions: As this is more about presenting the comp side of NS2, im sure we can find a way no matter what division.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    You may be putting a fish in with sharks before he is ready which might not be enjoyable for him.

Still though a pick up game of some sort might be cool.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2014
    Well, Hugh was mercing againt us ages ago:

And he played one round with us on the field and he had much fun, but i cant find the video.

It would be hard to put a totally rookie into a team of comp players for sure, but with a bit "organisation" im sure he and every viewer of the youtube video become an idea about comp play in NS2.

And that is what this little project should be:
    A introducing of comp play to an audience never see that before.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I agree that an introduction into comp play is a good idea. If this guy is up for it, there is probably a lot we could do with him and the community. If someone, preferably German, finds a way to contact him and does so in a professional way we may be able to use him for a bunch of stuff. That is if he is willing and passionate about the game.
    Admittedly, I have not watched more than 30 seconds of the first video in this thread because it is in german.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited September 2014
    dePARA wrote: »
    Well, Hugh was mercing againt us ages ago:

And he played one round with us on the field and he had much fun, but i cant find the video.

It was against 420 (including Ironhorse) on Summit. I can't find the vidio neither. Wasn't it a twitch livestream? I couldn't find it at twitch.tv/naturalselection2. Did Hugh have his own twitch channel before streaming as twitch.tv/naturalselection2? Like http://twitch.tv/ns2hd? I would really love to see that again.

I remember sub hive being at 3% when we wiped. :) #neverforget

Anyways, it would be cool if HBZ could have some kind of show match with Sarazar.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    so any ideas on how to contact him?
    Mephilles wrote: »

Can we catch his steam name from the video?
  • Warforce17Warforce17 Join Date: 2013-09-12 Member: 188154Members
    I contacted him already to offer to share information about the game. He has not replied yet. So good luck trying to involve him in competitive play. I don´t think he is interested. ;)
    Warforce17 wrote: »
    I contacted him already to offer to share information about the game. He has not replied yet. So good luck trying to involve him in competitive play. I don´t think he is interested. ;)

Maybe he's more interested if someone from the Community Development Team would approach him. Maybe Ghoul can handle that?
    james888 wrote: »

Problem is that he has 1.5 million fans who want to add him on the friendlist. how can we show him that we are not random fanboys, who just spam with useless stuff
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    james888 wrote: »

Problem is that he has 1.5 million fans who want to add him on the friendlist. how can we show him that we are not random fanboys, who just spam with useless stuff
    Twitter is a better option for this, It's always better than random friend request on facebook, Steam or email on his youtube channel. You can also try his business email adress if he has one

since I am not on twitter and don't plan to be in near future I hope one of the other german guys here can do this
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Or see what server he joins when he streams and join it, too. Catch him in game :)