Debug issue (269)

ResuhrrectResuhrrect VA Join Date: 2014-08-11 Member: 197925Members, Reinforced - Supporter
I'm back, sadly again.... For the basics, I have done everything that every dev has recommended for me. This includes disabling mods (which I'm not subscribed to any), deleting the workshop folder as well as the NS2 roaming folder, and just today "Nuked from orbit" deleted the entire game and every NS2 folder on my computer. I have had this ongoing problem every since patch 267, never had it before. Now for the problem, I spent the entire day re-downloading the game from steam, loaded the game up fine, adjusted the graphics to my settings, and DID NOT JOIN ANY SERVER OR DOWNLOAD ANY MODS. The first time I clicked sever browser, everything loaded fine, I wanted to test if the issue was fixed from the "nuke" so I when back to the main menu and clicked the browser again. After that the game didn't exactly crash, but minimized with a "The game has encountered a fatal error" debug report. Now from this point either two things happen, one being the game shuts its self down, or just minimized. If it minimizes, normally I can just tab back into the game with all the severs loaded, or as I posted in my last post, I can tab back into the game if I'm playing. As said in the last post, once I got into a server and was playing, this problem occurred every 10-20 minutes. Any help is greatly appreciated because this issue is just killing the game for me and just making me not want to play it as much as I used to enjoy it. If I need to upload another tech support file please ask.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Wall... of... text... :P

Please include your techsupport.zip file from running techsupport.exe (located in your NS2 folder) so we can get some data from you. (errors etc)

Bonus points if you run this exe when NS2 crashes AND you keep the NS2 window open, even if its black or crashed still.
    This will create a dump file that will be large. Upload it online and link us it
  • ResuhrrectResuhrrect VA Join Date: 2014-08-11 Member: 197925Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    You all like us to be "descriptive" :P sorry for the delay.
    This is my first file Iron. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr9r7cwk6l4s727/tech_support.zip?dl=0

Tried to get another when it black screens but I can't even tab to the desktop. I have to end the process just to see everything again.
  • ATFATF Join Date: 2014-05-09 Member: 195944Members
    If you can end the process it means you can access the taskmanager. In it, click on File -> New Task and have it load techsupport.exe. L-)
  • weekweek Join Date: 2015-01-08 Member: 200706Members
    What happened here? He came back and is now gone again? I think we need to have ATF share at least soe of the blame.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I dunno. His zipfile does contain a minidump.dmp though