"An error occured while updating Natural Selection 2 (invalid depot config)"

BongoBongBongoBong Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168472Members
I am getting the error that is in this posts title when I try to play. I see that natural selection 2 is in the downloads section of steam under "Update required (not queued)" When I click the button to move it to top of the queue it jumps up for a second then immediately comes back down.

Haven't tried reinstalling yet as I am almost at my cap this month, so hoping there is something I can do to get it working.

Comments

• METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Try to change your Steam Download region in the Steam's settings.
  • BongoBongBongoBong Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168472Members
    Tried a couple different regions and no go. Thanks though!

I tried verifying integrity of game cache and it doesnt seem to be working (been at 0% for 10 mins now). New month coming up soon so think I will just have to redownload then.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    BongoBong wrote: »

I tried verifying integrity of game cache and it doesnt seem to be working (been at 0% for 10 mins now). New month coming up soon so think I will just have to redownload then.

What region are you?
  • BongoBongBongoBong Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168472Members
    BongoBong wrote: »

What region are you?

Steam had me down as US - Detroit. Tried another in the US and one in Canada and no go.

Ended up just uninstalling and redownloading. Was expecting the game to be 10+gigs but at only 4 it was no problem.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Did that fix it for you?