Lag problems

billy_turnerbilly_turner canada Join Date: 2014-08-07 Member: 197850Members
Hey em, just bought the game, looks great, runs nice but got a little problem, whenever I die it just lags, and responds in like 10 sec, or whenever a bunch of people get together it lags aswell, my ping is 30 so idk whats the problem, any ideas?

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Not with the info you described!
    in your ns2 folder is a techsupport.exe. Run it, post the results here. It will provide more info on your computer.

Also you may want to consider tetsing with r_stats 1 (in console) and net_stats 1 (in console) to keep a eye on fps and network.
  • billy_turnerbilly_turner canada Join Date: 2014-08-07 Member: 197850Members
    Ok so, I've managed to locate techsupport.exe, shipping it in winrar, also sent one copy to tech-support@unknownworlds.com get back to me soon can't wait to play it, great game by teh way.
    Here sorry for double post, couldn't somehow attach it to previous post.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    HI there,this might be a known issue. Please disable all Video tips and hints in the main menu and retry: Start NS2, go to Options->General and disable Show Hints and Commander help.
    Obraxis wrote: »
    HI there,this might be a known issue. Please disable all Video tips and hints in the main menu and retry: Start NS2, go to Options->General and disable Show Hints and Commander help.

I tried it, but didn't change anything, is there anything else I should try/disable, I also verified integrity of game cache, that didn't do any good either.

Also you may want to consider tetsing with r_stats 1 (in console) and net_stats 1 (in console) to keep a eye on fps and network.

Also I get 199 fps in-game
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hi there, I'm amazed you can get 199fps in-game with just a 650 GPU. You must have that overclocked with liquid hydrogen.

However, the server you're playing on is using 'SEK2000 Client resources pack' Mod.

This Mod is known to have issues. Try playing on a server without this mod.
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm amazed you can get 199fps in-game with just a 650 GPU. You must have that overclocked with liquid hydrogen.

However, the server you're playing on is using 'SEK2000 Client resources pack' Mod.

This Mod is known to have issues. Try playing on a server without this mod.

No what I did is, I put everything on ultra low so get as much fps as I can right and you were right with the cooling.

anyway, and as for my problem.. How can I filter servers without SEK2000 client?
  • AnzestralAnzestral Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185327Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    anyway, and as for my problem.. How can I filter servers without SEK2000 client?

I want a server blacklist too please. There is a lot of servers I am never going to join or like this SEK3000 server being banned on (For claiming that the weird balance mod is not as good as it's author might think. Herakles and me were on the server on different teams, but since Hera didn't play on that server before but I did a lot the balance was terrible in favour of my team, which was just completely untrue. But obviously the bigoted author was so convinced of his mod that he just banned me when I told him that^^)

So please give me the opportinuty to remove servers like that from my server browser.