some ideas I had

clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
I'm cleaning up some google drive documents and I came across a list of ns2 ideas I had.
Some are bad but I drop them anyway.

-nano a player when he goes threw a pg that is nano shielded.
-radar weapon that costs 1 res and is 1 time use
-hive with fluid in it that represents the resources.
-pg order person based on last warning by the commander
-light intensity cyst based on majurity

And as last a SP:

NS2 CO-OP / SINGLEPLAYER

I have been thinking about a singleplayer for ns2 a long time. this for 2 reasons, 1 is that it could have awesome events not seen in any other sp. Second, to teach people map awareness, something a lot of people still not have in public play.

To make it more interesting, it could be co-op as well where you could play with 3 other people. And other people could play as the enemy (aliens) so it’s not always ai-based enemies.

How the game looks like:

You play on the marine side, there is no need for a big story. It’s kind of clear. Aliens, and they have to die. It is not linear like most singleplayers. There are certain problems and the player can choose what to do. This will have influence in res income, weapon upgrades, tech upgrades etc.
There is one big map which is expanding based on what the player is choosing to do (attacking the west reveils more of the west etc.)

Problems:

-No power in certain areas.
-Observer not working
-Ammo in offline factory
-Mineshaft not working which limits metal
-Refinary not working which limits refined metal
-etc.

map:
The map could be set up like dead island. It gives the illusion of freedom and that you can go everywhere but in the end it are still “hallways”.

-power plant
-mac factory
-arc factory
-communication center
-etc.

Comments

• clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    -if a exo get's killed with only bile from either a whip or a gorge then the marine inside the exo will survive with little health.
  • AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
    -if a exo get's killed with only bile from either a whip or a gorge then the marine inside the exo will survive with little health.

I think the reason you die when the exo goes down is that it explodes killing the guy inside. The exo could have an auto eject that would launch you when it goes down, which would allow you to have some backup equipment and be in a exo. while the current exosuit can eject manually but it is so slow its better to just hope that you can kill the enemy before he kills you.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I like most of them.
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow

I think the reason you die when the exo goes down is that it explodes killing the guy inside. The exo could have an auto eject that would launch you when it goes down, which would allow you to have some backup equipment and be in a exo. while the current exosuit can eject manually but it is so slow its better to just hope that you can kill the enemy before he kills you.

This was pre game 1vs1:
    Map was mineshaft, I had a double exo and a JP + shotgun. I was in marine start in the corner at a high position. A onos was going in for me and i shooted till my miniguns where overheated. Then I pressed eject. The onos was still bouncing on me. By the time I got out the exo exploded but I was allive and shot the onos :)

O yeah some more ideas I had.

-Being able to use grenades to set wired boobytraps. The grenades should detonate with a small delay. 1 parasite on the nade should kill the nade.
    Let's say your a skulk at the vent at overlook and you go sky. You could if you spot it well see a wire at the end of the vent. If you go out and in the vent fast then you should be save for whatever type of grenade it was. If you didn't spot it you should not die but be wounded. Plus it alerts marines if they can hear it.
    If it's nerve gas and you bite down the extractor then marines can have a small advantage trying to save the RT.
    You could also choose to walk around to parasite the grenade.

-Do more with cyst, investation and dead bodies. For example. Instead of babbler eggs, it could be that the gorge has to use a dead marine or alien body to host the babblers. Instead of spores, the lerk could use a dead body to make it gas spores. This would be less effective but could still create area denial.
    Or make it only refuel spores when on infestation. Dead bodies could turn into some kind of cyst, making also some kind of visual history.
    This could also make the flamethrower cooler and more useful. Burn dead bodies to avoid "spore bombs", "body cyst", "babbler hosts" etc.
  • AnkleBitingKittyAnkleBitingKitty United States Join Date: 2014-01-19 Member: 193284Members
    I really don't like the booby trap grenade idea, it would take over the roll of mines, and even though it would be a bit worse its so much cheaper and there would be mines everywhere in vents.