Strange Pixellated Graphical Bug on Linux Mint Debian Edition with latest AMD fglrx drivers

ChartreKhanChartreKhan Australia Join Date: 2014-04-17 Member: 195450Members
edited April 2014 in Technical Support
I've played this on Windows quite a bit, but now I've moved to Linux. I installed the game, it didn't boot properly because I needed to install some i386 libraries. Eventually I got it to run, and I encountered a render device problem. I can't exactly remember how I fixed this, I think I did it by installing libgl1-fglrx-glx:i386 as well as the libgl1-fglrx-glx:i386 that was installed before. But now it has this weird graphical bug, which is present all over the game: [img][/img]bPWaU4I.png
I notice it's similar to a glitch many people experience when trying to run graphically demanding games on internal graphics. This doesn't make any sense because internal graphics are completely disabled.

System Specs
i5-4670 (Internal Graphics Disabled in BIOS)
Sapphire R9 270
8gb 1600mhz ram

Linux Mint Debian Edition 64-bit
AMD Catalyst and latest AMD Drivers are installed.

Things I've tried (Other than mentioned above):
Verifying the Integrity of Game Cache (I don't know why this would fix it but stranger things happen)
Setting all of the graphics options to minimum
Playing the game in Fullscreen, Fullscreen-windowed and Windowed, at 1440x900 (native) and 1280x800

log.txt:
Date: 04/17/14
Time: 18:32:48:
Build 264
LMDE Cinnamon Edition x86_64
Steam initialized
Num displays: 1
OpenGL 3.1.12438 Compatibility Profile/Debug Context 13.35.1005 initialized (ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon R9 200 Series)
GLSL version 4.30
ARB_texture_storage extension present
ARB_get_program_binary extension present
Disabling ARB_texture_storage extension to work around AMD drivers
Sound Device: default stereo
Record Device: default
Loading config://ConsoleBindings.json
Loading config://FavoriteServers.json
Loading config://HistoryServers.json
WARNING: Corrected case of '/home/chartre/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Natural Selection 2/ns2/materials/eclipse/Eclipse_ceilingmods_D_02.material'

The last line is then repeated near constantly until application close, I hear it isn't a problem though.
I think the line that seems dodgiest here is "Disabling ARB_texture_storage extension to work around AMD drivers".
Any ideas? I've looked around for other problems of the same nature but couldn't find anything like it.