duplex 2 years old

swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
Crosspost ENSL forums

Today it is exactly 2 years since the very first "alpha version" of duplex played it's very first match. To mark the anniversary I did a rough writeup on the history of the team on our homepage. I couldn't fit it into one newspost and the site is kind of borked at the moment, but it's there. If anyone are interested, here are the links:
http://www.duplexgaming.co.uk/news/articles/164_duplex_2_years_old,_history_time/
http://www.duplexgaming.co.uk/news/articles/165_duplex_2_years_old,_history_conclusion/

Comments

• TarrogTarrog Join Date: 2013-04-06 Member: 184662Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    congratulations clan duplex

I..I.. am a slekan fanboy
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    lamb go play for duplex again so i can pew pew you this season. i miss you :(
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    lamb go play for duplex again so i can pew pew you this season. i miss you :(
    I have started playing Natural Selection 2 again, but I never gave thought of going back to the competitive scene. I'm both part-working and in College along with the constant interruption from real-life issues. I also don't have the computer specs, I can't seem to break past the 40 fps limit in most matches which got pretty tiresome.
    Besides, I never really found my place in the competitive scene. I don't know if it's because I played with the wrong team(s), the wrong people or if I just didn't have the skill for it.
    Other than that, I wish you luck this season, I'll just stick to pubs for now.

I'd also like to thank everyone I played with in duplex, it gave me plenty of practice and fun. I believed we could've gotten far with some dedication and practice, which we did (I guess) until the team started falling apart again. It was really fun and I hope the duplex 3.0 will get far.
    Thanks for letting me be a part of duplex 2.0, wish it would've lasted longer.
  • Mellow1123Mellow1123 Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183615Members
    All hail slekan. The true carry of duplex. Skåneskills are op.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    LoL, Duplex getting old :D
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • MalGanis2MalGanis2 Join Date: 2009-07-17 Member: 68174Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Had a great summer playing on duplex 2.0 :)
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Well, that's a blow to the competitive NS2 scene :(
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    tenderloin wrote: »
    MalGanis2 wrote: »
    More like duplex 7.0 and 8.0 ;P
    I'm sad it's over, but it had to end here. I didn't want to go through with the situation I was put in again; having to find an entirely new lineup just as the season has begun. Similar things happened every single season. All I could think was that it had to end right there. Players are scattered around, some went looking for other teams, which is why this happened in the first place. Others are taking a break. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I might quit the game and admining the league or find a new team. I'm not sure yet, I'm pretty bummed over this.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited September 2013
    swalk wrote: »
    tenderloin wrote: »
    MalGanis2 wrote: »
    More like duplex 7.0 and 8.0 ;P
    I'm sad it's over, but it had to end here. I didn't want to go through with the situation I was put in again; having to find an entirely new lineup just as the season has begun. Similar things happened every single season. All I could think was that it had to end right there. Players are scattered around, some went looking for other teams, which is why this happened in the first place. Others are taking a break. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I might quit the game and admining the league or find a new team. I'm not sure yet, I'm pretty bummed over this.

I know that feeling bro. : /
    It sucks to see you quit after all this time, but it's perfectly understandable.

Always enjoyed playing against your teams.

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Yep, sad to see Duplex gone.

And i also know the feelings you describe swalk. Its hard to stand up again and again and again.

No matter what you doing next, i wich you the best luck.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    This is so frustrating D:
  • LigisttomtenLigisttomten Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158340Members
    edited September 2013
    Had some great times playing in duplex! Was fun to play competitively. :)

And yay you remember my Onos play that even someones mother could do! (Or was it grandmother? Eh, good stuff anyways!)
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    Congrats! Time flies fast. :)
  • SammyGSammyG England Join Date: 2013-05-07 Member: 185160Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Real warriors never give up swalkatron. Come back stronger!
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    One does not simply quit ns2. They will come back sooner or later. ^_^
    joshhh wrote: »
    Even though that statement is true, I don't think it's valid for duplex.
    It's only chance would be both Johs and Swalk miraculously getting together and reviving it.
    The odds of that happening are so very low. Johs already quit NS2 couple of months ago and now swalk's considering quitting as well.
  • gamester_5gamester_5 Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64094Members
    joshhh wrote: »

That is of most clan members, they move around as things change. I remember the old days of very few clans in NS2 since it was so very early in the Beta.
  • gamester_5gamester_5 Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64094Members
    Good luck to all the Duplex players.
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    duplex was the gateway team for many great players and that's testament to swalk's commitment and dedication.

It was a lot of fun; through the controversies, epic comebacks, thrown away games, learning, wins and losses, it was fun.

Wob
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    All forms of duplex had always been great practice partners for Nexzil.

Thanks for playing Duplex :)
    Locklear wrote: »
    All forms of duplex had always been great practice partners for Nexzil.

Thanks for playing Duplex :)
    lock come back. ns2 misses you.

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    With a team effort, we got lock back up and running. So hes back.