Trying to publish to workshop... file size is 0.000MB

BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
... so either I'm doing this all wrong, or the file size display is just bugged.

Here's my file structure:
In launch pad, I click "Open", and the directory listed is "C:\[blah blah blah documents]\Skulk-dogs factory\publishing\ns2_hotdogs_mod" So I assume that's the "root".
inside...
ns2_hotdogs_mod
-output
-source
--lua
--mapsrc
---ns2_hotdogs.level
---overviews
----ns2_hotdogs.tga
----ns2_hotdogs.hmp
--materialsrc
---beige
----chili_cheese_clogs_poster.dds
----chili_cheese_clogs_poster.material
----chili_cheese_clogs_poster_normal.dds
----chili_cheese_clogs_poster_specular.dds
--modelsrc
--soundsrc
--game_setup.xml
-mod.settings
-preview.jpg

Sorry if that's confusing...

When I publish, it says "publish was successful" (or whatever the good message is), yet the file size on steam is 0.000MB.

I have also tried an alternate directory configuration, where instead of placing the maps/materials in the mapsrc/materialsrc folders, I used the "maps/materials" folders outside, in the same level as the "source" folder. This didn't work either.

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Nobody look at me, I'm a moron...

(Gotta use the builder.........)
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Put your files in the output directory instead of source. Keep your folder structure the same.

Also, there are a lot threads how to get your map published properly so use the forum search.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    Okay actually this has turned into a problem: for whatever reason it isn't uploading my .dds files., only the .material file. :(

Builder didn't copy them over from the materailsrc folder, and just copying them over to the output folder myself didn't do the trick either.

EDIT: It's also not uploading the overview files.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    You have to copy over the overview folder.
    Builder doesn't copy over dds files, only turns PDS into .dds.
    You need to copy the .material and.dds into the materials folder in output, and overviews into maps
    Alright I think I finally figured out the "problem": it wasn't that everything wasn't uploading, it was just that there's some kind of crazy-good compression going on behind the scenes that I didn't know about. Uncompressed, my map is about 10 megs right now (most of that is overviews and textures of course), but on steam workshop it's 1.7 megs. I just assumed something was missing.

SamusDroid, thanks for clarifying.